Brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,4-model-b.bin failed with error -2

brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.raspberrypi,4-model-b.bin failed with error -2

is it a problem? [unstable]

Nope. That has always been there. It looks for known firmware names and moves on and loads another. As long as you have wifi your good. I actually use what RPi provides. Some times what is in linux-firmware is not up to date.

I no longer see the journalctl entry after the installation of generic-post-install 20220704-1

I am up to date with all packages on the unstable branch.

Yes, I see that, too. The error entry used to be reflected in journalctl as well, now it is not. I think it’s appropriate and a help to users when persistent errors that can be ignored don’t make it to the journal. That goes doubly for for informational entries, such a those that Samba logs, which are presented as error level activity. (That’s why I prevent Samba logging in journalctl.)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.