[Request] More options for update checking frequency

Wanted to make a suggestion for a tiny change, please move the thread to another section if this isn’t the proper place. Since an update that reworked the GUI some customizable numbers were turned into menu lists with predefined values. The update interval checking now allows 3 hours, 6 hours, and 12 hours for the shorter intervals.

Would it be alright to add options for 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours please? This would allow for some more refined tuning. I had it set to 4 before as 6 felt a bit too much, was thinking of going hourly at some point just to get notified sooner.

If you are on the Stable branch, then this new version of pamac was pulled again. You can revert to the previous version with… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Syuu

Ohhh, I see now. I was updating from the Pamac GUI and didn’t see any more changes thus assumed this is the latest version. That command does indeed revert it. A shame since I love the new GUI, except for those numbers being turned into predetermined settings which would be nice to see undone. Hope this suggestion can be remembered for when the new version can return :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you want a custom value, you can edit /etc/pamac.conf

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.