Manjaro WebDad comes with Just Another Desktop Environment (JADE) made with Web technologies.
Jade is a completely different DE concept, that changes the way you interact with your desktop, is made to be easy to use, independently of your computer skills.
Native notifications to speech functionality. Desktop/ browser or phone notifications, are read by JADE voice to you, so you wont have to stop what you are doing to read your notifications, Text notifications are still supported.
KDE Connect is used to communicate across all your devices. You can receive your phone notifications on your desktop computer, control music playing on your phone from your desktop, or use your phone as a remote control for your desktop.
KDE Connect for Android can be found in the Google Play Store and F-droid.
This is a work in progress.
Video - https://youtu.be/YeNLBA4Cq8w
What is the main focus?
The main focus is UX how easy it will be to use and possibly integration with the WEB, that also means less things to click on the better keep it simple.
At the moment is still far way for it to be the way I would like, slowly it will get there eventually.
How do i remove voice speech?
- remove - webdad-speech package
- press mute on your keyboard or use sound icon on the desktop.
- mute mimic with pulseaudio
- CTRL +
- CTRL -
How do I change the wallpapers?
- That feature was no yet implemented.
How much ram does it use?
- Around 1gb, in the future that might drop down, if ram usage is a concern use something else.
Can I use this desktop now?
- Is still a concept, I use it in a daily basis and try have it in a working state but it could break at any time, use at your own risk.
Is this Edition an official Manjaro project?
- At the moment It is a Community effort and the Manjaro Team was so kind to host the packages so we can all use it, otherwise this Edition would never be possible.
What is the password in the live image?
What is under the hood?
- Cairo Dock
- GTK and QT
- Maybe Wayland in the future.