Manjaro Web Site Mock Up

artwork

I’m Still working on it, so some pages & elements may not look right yet :slight_smile:

I very much like the colours and that it uses full screen real estate. or But I don’t like some of the animations, like zoom of the pictures, they are distracting.

DOWNLOADS should be linked to default stable releases, IMHO. The links to files on sourceforge should be more “telling”, file name, file format …

Thanks for the feedback eugen, yeah I agree, I have done some of them changes and added some more links to the stable releases and few other minor changes. I did some server tweaks too, its free hosting and not the best for speed. I will keep plodding on with it. It will Keep me out of trouble :wink:

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Keep the girl. The young lass is a head turner, just like Manjaro…

That new web mock up is DOPE. Good work

lol thanks, shes on the back burner at the moment, just playing around with other ideas.

Hey, Thanks Man, Much Appreciated :slight_smile:

Mock up site needs a no javascript option with a static image, due to fingerprinting and tracking I will usually give a website that doesn’t display properly without javascript a wide berth.

I like it, the colours and design look very clean and aesthetic plus as someone mentioned above the full use of screen width, but at the same time it seems a little too formal almost like a business website rather than a community grown project. This also extends to the images used both the woman and the desktop stock. Maybe something more like this instead: http://farm1.staticflickr.com/98/236753244_fd9f6008f1.jpg :smiley:

On a side note, how far could I go with ordering one of those T-shirts before the site stopped me? I got as far as entering address details before stopping.

Thanks for your feedback Koeshi,

My idea behind the look and feel of the website is to get as many people off of Microshaft Windows as possible, now is the best time as any with all the Spying. People have had enough of it. It shouldn’t take much of push for them to look into something else.

People I know are pretty scared of Linux and will not even entertain the Idea. But the branding of Manjaro ‘Enjoy the Simplicity’, should be exactly that! Lets not scare them away. So an image of a guy on the front page with more hair than my grandmother, looking like he may have not seen a bath in 6 months, because he’s been banging code into Linux Terminal gives the wrong impression. (you know who you are) :wink:

Linux in general has evolved a lot from when I first used it, I have only been using it as my main driver for the past few months and I absolutely love it.

Anyways thats the way I see it, I 'm sure you get the idea :wink:

As for the t-shirts, I think Pay Pal will throw up an error, no account created in the back end.

Very nice work ant.:sparkling_heart:

Slick and profesional, :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:.

That’s not a good idea, because you take them over with maybe wrong promise.

Linux is no system for everybody. It’s not a system for the standard windows user and this is, what the page could say. This is a another reason against the woman with red t-shirt and red glasses. I see red!

For the mass of Windows users which don’t migrate to android or IOS the ‘Simplicity’ of Manjaro is not the simplicity they know from Windows.

[quote=“ant, post:31, topic:15668, full:true”]
Lets not scare them away. So an image of a guy on the front page with more hair than my grandmother, looking like he may have not seen a bath in 6 months, because he’s been banging code into Linux Terminal gives the wrong impression. (you know who you are) :wink:[/quote]

OK. Take a standard Windows user and say him that he have to install, configure and administrate Manjaro. He don’t like to do that. He want a system that is installed, configured and didn’t need to administrate and the update comes automatically. Are there issues he want a solution the day before today and is thinking, he paid for Manjaro.

I think that’s not the users which are welcome here.

Most m$ users I have known could not be beaten hard enough with a “frozen turnip in an onion bag” to give up on their precious os. NO WEBSITE is going to persuade them in my estimation. Perchance some may decide, apart from persuasion however.:wink:

Best regards.

Thank you very much Martin :slight_smile:

The Photoshoot went well with some of the Manjaro team
Unfortunatly I forgot who was who, maybe you can help