Manjaro wallpapers by muser (vol. 2)

artwork
wallpaper

can you add manjaro to this wallpaper. :grin:

2 Likes

Just want to show that your wallpapers even make my Fairphone more beautiful!

9 Likes

Thanks for your request! I could, but out of principle I won’t, I’m sorry.

I don’t like to use 3rd party materials (even if it’s just adding something small), I like my wallpapers to be 100% my creation (with the obvious exception of the various logos).

First and foremost because I don’t want to take credit for the work of someone else (or worse, butcher their work), second, the finished product usually looks much more organic and whole if instead of modifying something you make it all from scratch yourself.

What I can do is to recreate (make something similar to) the skull and bones, with manjaro written below it, with a different (probably more plain than this) background, if that’s ok with you.

2 Likes

I made these (wasn’t going for an exact copy, rather something like “inspired by”).

18 Likes

Sorry that I hijack your thread, but I have to say that I love what you do :v:

Spoiler

5 Likes

Only thing to improve: instead of the pink or blue the Manjaro Green! :wink:

But I like your setup @pux, looks really nice!

1 Like

I like it :slight_smile: very good work from @muser

Somebody know if this “manjaro deepin” text is
a free font, name and if possible a download place?

1 Like

0 Likes

Actually the font I used for that wallpaper is called ‘conthrax’ and can be found here: https://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=conthrax&text=deepin&psize=l

oberon thought it was maven pro but it wasen’t so I ended up using conthrax which was closer to the original. The original font for deepin is still unknown as far as I know.

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction, I forgot about that (I should have scrolled a little further :slightly_smiling_face:).

1 Like

very nice, thanks to @muser and @ant
Thought about to start with Wallpaper building in Inkscape and Blender, but no need. You are much better in this work.

Sorry about my english :wink:

I like the font much. :smiley:

0 Likes

@SGS It doesn’t matter how good you think we are.
I started making wallpapers a year ago, and back then I knew very little about Gimp and nothing about Inkscape. But with practice I got better.

If you want to make wallpapers and that makes you happy, then go ahead and do it.

3 Likes

I start lerning Inkscape from Nick Saporito on YT.
One of some, I understand his english :smiley:

Thundertux

6 Likes

Did you make this? Very nice!
I also learned a lot from Nick. He has very good tutorials.
The other one I can recommend is tutor4u (Inkscape/Gimp/Blender).

0 Likes

Yes I make it, remix named Thunder-Tux, the wings from thunderbird logo :wink: , it is one of my first works. Today I could make the wings alone :wink: . Rest was from me, but inspired from other pictures.
tutor4u let me start with Blender :slight_smile: playing with 2.8
Not easy to do :smiley:

3 Likes

14 Likes

haha, good one.

I wonder what other animals you can put in that glass :joy::joy:

2 Likes

The original idea was that if you put a cat into a jar it sounds similar to Manjaro (cat+jar+manjaro=catjaro). Dogjaro is a little strech, but I wanted to make it to complement the cat. :grin:

1 Like

Dogjaro: Manjaro’s best friend.

4 Likes

Why haven’t I thought about it. :smile::smile:

You don’t even need the wallpaper reference to pass it as a Linux joke :grin:

0 Likes