Manjaro v17.1-rc4 feedback thread

Does it go away when you change to unstable and update?

It is strange that Calamares does not follow the theme definition in qt5ct. I switched to gtk2, but Calamares is still kvantum dark.

I don’t know how Steam work, but it doesn’t launch second time, only one time to make me accept the terms.

I would suggest to preinstall epiphany for people with similar hardware as mine who will not know what to do if the only browser doesn’t work.

@eugen-b: what happens on Xorg-Session?

I’m testing now. I get this:

looking for conflicting packages...
:: mesa and mesa-wayland-dri are in conflict. Remove mesa-wayland-dri? [y/N] 

will select yes.

Packages (7) gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-62-1  lib32-mesa-17.3.1-2  mesa-17.3.1-2
             mesa-wayland-dri-17.3.1-1 [removal]  xorg-server-1.19.6-2  xorg-server-common-1.19.6-2
             xorg-server-xwayland-1.19.6-2

Total Download Size:    25.92 MiB
Total Installed Size:  110.89 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        0.04 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
:: Retrieving packages...
 mesa-17.3.1-2-x86_64                 12.1 MiB   658K/s 00:19 [#################################] 100%
 xorg-server-common-1.19.6-2-x86_64   27.2 KiB  1698K/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 xorg-server-1.19.6-2-x86_64        1308.3 KiB   643K/s 00:02 [#################################] 100%
 xorg-server-xwayland-1.19.6-2-...   819.6 KiB   709K/s 00:01 [#################################] 100%
 gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-...   117.0 KiB   718K/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 lib32-mesa-17.3.1-2-x86_64           11.6 MiB   516K/s 00:23 [#################################] 100%
(6/6) checking keys in keyring                                [#################################] 100%
(6/6) checking package integrity                              [#################################] 100%
(6/6) loading package files                                   [#################################] 100%
(6/6) checking for file conflicts                             [#################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/i965_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_vieux_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/r200_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/radeon_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/virtio_gpu_dri.so exists in filesystem
mesa: /usr/lib/dri/vmwgfx_dri.so exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Will investigate.
Update: After checking that no package owns them I forced the update.

With what? All applications behave the same in Xorg and XWayland, except for FF and LO. I will test again after the update in a moment.

@philm, after the update still the same issue with FF and LO on Wayland. The Dash-to-Dock changed its shape after the update

Update: Installation with CAL 3.1.11-9 was without issues https://hastebin.com/penupixuba.vbs

In live session i assume no one change the theming :wink:

Honestly i have an old installation in my home pc and not sure about that … If you mean when system is installed this is a good question for @Fabish

Added

Here are my commentaries about the XFCE 17.1 RC4.

Fixed

Manjaro can be installed properly with “Erase disk”.
Login screen looks way better now.
Firefox looks way better too.

Still present

This really weird bug with Desktop settings that I’ve only seen when I install Manjaro in French; when I install Manjaro in English, Desktop settings work fine. However, I found that if you add a wallpaper in /usr/share/backgrounds, the bug is fixed. Also, renaming one of the files that are in this folder can solve the problem too. This is so bizarre.

Complains

After a fresh install, I can’t install anything with Pamac right out-of-the-box; I have to click on the Menu, then “Refresh databases”. The /var/lib/pacman/sync has nothing in it except mhwd.db. Either the system could download package databases automatically at the first boot or Pamac could ask us if we want to download them when they aren’t here.

I tested the RC4 in a VirtualBox VM with EFI.

1 Like

Whats the terminal output?
Also please try to run

steam_install_workaround

Hello,
Manjaro 17.1rc4 KDE and Manjaro 17.0.6 KDE has a conflict with the RADEON R5 (10COMPUTE CORES 4C + 6G) of the AMD A10-9600P hp notebook when booting from the LiveMedium (USB / DVD) with free drivers and non-free drivers.
Antergos 17.12, Mint 18.3, Kubuntu 17.10 and Solus 3 can boot and run the hp AMD A10-9600P notebook.
If Manjaro 17.0.6 and Manjaro 17.1rc4 the error message appears:

…nothing happens after that.

Before the boot process is displayed the message appears:

I have tried Manjaro Gnome rc4 on live system.

• The Calamares installer is not starting right away, i have to wait about 20 seconds to start it for first time.
  • About 10 seconds after start the window pops out telling me my kernel is out of date, if i press accept the system hangs up.
  • Also i am not a fan of this qt5 theme
    Beside that all working fine for me, i will try kde iso next.

Maybe try booting with these options here, GRUB Flags section

Yes, it seems we have some issues with our Gnome Edition. I also noticed that CAL takes way longer to start if it starts … @Ste74: seems Gnome is not ready at all.

Well, can someone collect all issues? I already have a rc4 build from my hands… Let me see if i can repro duce some issues with calmares…

Currently I’m building another Gnome ISO for @eugen-b to test. It is based on unstable branch with the latest Xorg-Server, Mesa and Kernel I just finished minutes ago. I might only upload a xdelta patch for current RC4, though.

Remember also gnome by default start in wayland mode now… Not sure if is related At time to show Cal…

@Ste74: your issue with the kernel not supported is simple. As we have on live-cd manjaro and manjaro.img and we check for linuxXXX it is clear that live-session reports issues. Simply disable that feature or the checking feature completely in live-session.

Ok… but only in gnome this “issue” happen? I disable from autostart …

I disabled MSM checks now in live-session for all main editions.

@eugen-b: you may check todays unstable-build if you like in regard of your issues you have with wayland on Gnome with given xdelta-patch: download here. You may check with sha1-files at least.

Ok, I have now tried it with prexisting LVM VG. Installation itself seemed fine (modulo a couple of bugs that I’ll report directly to Calamares). However, the system did not boot (unlike with my test on KDE Neon). I was dropped to initramfs. initramfs contained no lvm executable, so I guess that’s why system did not boot.

@stikonas: thx for the feedback. I don’t know what KDE Neon uses exactly. I expect the master-branch of CAL. On my end it is still 3.1.x-stable with kpmcore-3.2 branch for partition module. Also I didn’t found any ISO by Neon with CAL on it. Is it the unstable dev build?