Manjaro v17.0.3 released

Radio buttons working again in Vertex Maia Dark! Aw yiss.

Call me stupid but I upgraded my OpenRC installation and I don’r see any problems at all. So, when is my system going to break? I do backups before each update so I won’t be hit when it happens.
Ok, I know everyone will say I should be migrating to Artix, but I am not confident nor comfortable with the project yet.

I installed the latest Manjaro Deepin release candidate.
No surprises and functions perfectly.
Congratulations ~ Team Manjaro has pulled another rabbit out of the hat

Life is Good on Manjaro

eli_s: In the Kernel section of MSM, only the installed kernel (4.9) is listed.
Checking for the cause, I’ve noticed that the repositories are not synced by default and therefore I must issue a “pacman -Syu” command.

Or, you can just reboot and run pamac-manager again and all works as intended.

To say this another way, the only time have seen this problem is when running pamac-manager immediately after first boot of a new system. After the next boot the libraries seem to synchronize-up fine.

I always download and burn to disk each new release. I keep it close to hand. Every now and then I get people who want me to turn a bunch of junk into a working computer for them, and they ask if I can put a pirate copy of Windows on it.
I reply, - “No, but you will not believe what I have in store for you!” Thus another Manjaro user is born.

Thanks developers for all of your hard work!

Thanks for the input.
I hope new Manjaro users which are less technologically inclined will get the idea…:slight_smile:

Perhaps the need for the second boot before pamac-updater runs properly, is because of WiFi. My guess is that the (pamac) updater would work immediately after first boot, IF the computer is plugged directly into the internet via Ethernet cable. Because any pamac/updater code will see the internet immediately, even if it is a behind-the-scenes updater daemon or module running during bootup.

But if the internet connection is by WiFi, well, after the first bootup, some updater code is running but you have not set the WiFi password yet. So the updater business thinks it can’t reach the worldwide software database. So after the first boot, set up the WiFi, and just reboot. From then on your Linux computer will “see” the internet much earlier in the booting process, and by the time the boot process settles down the pamac-updater will run OK.

So overall we can just observer that if you are using WiFi, don’t expect pamac-updater to work right until you have set up the WiFi and then done one more reboot.

Hmm… Using Manjaro on the PC via ethernet.
I’ve noticed this problem only with the latest version of Manjaro ISO’s.

Has it ever taken more than 2 boot-ups to fix the pacman-updater problem?

What is? Thanks. Testing Branch.

See here: [Stable Update] 2017-09-08 - Mesa, Kernels, PulseAudio, LibreOffice, KDE Apps, Cinnamon
@philm has informed that the release is now 17.0.4. It has reached also the Stable Branch,

Haven’t tried restarting, only using “pacman -Syu” to refresh the DB.

In any case, I’ve noticed that Guillaume committed an addition into Pamac’s master branch:

Hope it’s relevant to our conundrum.
Will test when a new ISO is created with the updated program.

Thanks for the assistance.