Move existing installation from dual-boot SSD to its own SSD

Good morning!

Ûbernoob here.

I had a question, as the title suggests.
I am currently running Manjaro KDE on a shared SSD with a Windows installation as well. All in all Manjaro takes up 90 GB of space on that SSD.

I have a second SSD which is 64 GB in size. What I wish to do is to somehow move/clone/whathaveyou my existing installation to that smaller SSD. I have tinkered some with my setup and could probably not be bothered to spend all that time again just to keep dualbooting Manjaro if I have to start all over from scratch.

The one thing I found was something about FSArchiver, but as I am not well versed in these things I would highly appreciate more input, and preferably some dumbed down instructions to follow.

Thank you very much in advance, and have a great weekend.

Edit: I still have a Live USB if that would help things.

Edit 2: Could this be what I’m looking for?
I am not allowed to put links in my posts (yet?), but hop on over to the archived forums and search for a thread called:
Clone hard drive to new smaller hd / ssd without losing anything written by dglt

It seems like it’s what I’m looking for. Would this method let me dual-boot Windows as if nothing ever changed?

can you provide

df -Th
sudo parted -l 

i think you will do this with Gparted

1 - on second SSD format gpt with
/boot/efi fat32 33Mo
/ the rest 64Gb ext4

2 - boot on USB iso manjaro , and use grsync or timeshift to copy / ( without /home )

after we have to check if /home is inside / or a partition
( at this step you keep booting on first SSD )

In addition to @stephane’s request, please post result of

test -d /sys/firmware/efi && echo UEFI || echo BIOS

This will show if you booted in UEFI or BIOS mode.

Thank you both. I made identical partitions on the new SSD and then used Timeshift to restore. But then freeing up the Linux partition on the old SSD completely broke GRUB. That’s another issue I’ll have to deal with.

yes thats is my point 2
you have new UUID

as you have not provide any informations ,
help or assistance is here suspended

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.