currently we are working on our next smaller update of our Manjaro v17.0 release series. This time we ship ISO images for XFCE, KDE and our Gnome edition. We hope this is the last release candidate before the stable release ...
The Xfce edition remains our flagship offering and has received the attention it deserves. Few can claim to offer such a polished, integrated and leading-edge Xfce experience. We ship Xfce 4.12 with this release of Manjaro. We mainly focused on polishing the user experience on the desktop and window manager, and on updating some components to take advantage of newly available technologies such as switching to a new Vertex-Maia theme, we already using known as Maia for our KDE edition.
Our KDE edition continues to deliver this powerful, mature and feature-rich desktop environment with a unique look-and-feel, and with the perks of Manjaro's latest tools.
We ship now Plasma 5.10 desktop in combination with the latest KDE-Apps 17.04. It was a huge step to get it all playing together smoothly and to give the user experience the same feeling as our KDE4 editions of the past.
GNOME being a powerful, userfriendly, easy to use, customizable and fully accesible GTK3+ desktop environment, the Manjaro team has decided to offer the GNOME edition as a third official flavour with the 17.0 release. The Manjaro Gnome edition stays close to vanilla GNOME while of course being customized and configured for out-of-the-box usability with all the proven features of a Manjaro edition like Manjaro-Hardware-Detection, Manjaro-Settings-Manager, Pamac package management and the new Manjaro-Hello welcome screen.
The Manjaro Settings Manager (MSM) now provides an easy-to-use graphical interface for installing and removing the many series of kernels we offer. Manjaro's selection of readily available kernels remains the most extensive of all Linux distribution we know of. At the time of this release, ten kernel-series are available directly from our binary repositories, ranging from the mature and rock-solid 3.10 series to the latest 4.11 release. Additionally we offer two realtime kernel series. Such a wide array of available kernel options results in extensive hardware support, getting the most out of your system for you, be it old or new.
Features of the updated release of Gellivara:
- We updated the stock kernel to linux49 4.9 LTS
- We updated the Xorg-Stack to v1.19 series
- We enhanced and improved our Manjaro Tools & Profiles
- MHWD we adopted a more efficient way to handle libglx binaries
- Some of our themes got updated and new got designed
Changes since our first release candidate
- updated keyrings and certificates
- latest firefox and thunderbird
- latest manjaro-settings-manager and manjaro-hardware-detection
- Nvidia driver updated to 340.102
- updated perl- and python-stack
- latest Calamares (see changelog)
- latest Plasma5, Apps and Framework
- QT updated to v5.9
- latest Octopi
Changes since our sixth preview
- updated MESA-STACK to v17.1.2
- updated MHWD profiles
- fixes to Calamares
Plasma updated to v5.10.1
- adjusted size of KDE edition
Changes since our fifth preview
- updated pamac
- fixed a regression in installing free drivers for AMD and Intel graphic cards
- added vulkan support for AMD and Intel graphic cards
- added flatpak support to KDE edition
- adjusted AUR support in Gnome edition
Changes since our fourth preview
- updated boost
- updated DRM and MESA-Stack
- updated tool-chain
- KDE Plasma updated to v5.10
- simplified Grub-Menu
Changes since our third preview
- updated ALSA-stack
- Mozilla applications updated to latest version
- Mesa 17.1 added
- fixes to OpenSSL and Steam Client
Changes since our second preview
- updated KDE framework and apps
- updated Gnome packages
- usage of grub v2.02
- latest mesa and kernel
- updated package managers
Changes since our first preview
- updated to latest kernel, bluez, networkmanager and firefox
- newest nvidia (long-lived) and gnome packages
- plasma theme updates
- fixes for pamac
- fixed PXE boot
Download one of our current preview editions from here.