Newer Kodi (19.1-5) for RockPro64 still has no hardware acceleration?

Hello. A couple of months ago I questioned the lack of Kodi hardware acceleration and the mantainer was kind enough to explain the reasons why it wasn’t available.

Well, I noticed that Kodi has just been upgraded but it seems that it still doesn’t have acceleration. Are there any plans to implement this? The reason I’m asking is because although I can play h264 videos just fine it’s pretty frustating to play h265, since it gets extremely slow.

Another thing I noticed is that I was using a package called kodi-gbm, which allowed me to run Kodi without the need of a graphical environment, but in this last update it was changed to kodi-x11, which I believe needs xorg to run. Is this correct? There’s no way to keep using Kodi on my RockPro64 the way it used to be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Afair, rk3399 never had vpu support while gpu support is already present.

With kodi 19 its all merged in a single pkg which compiles all the packages.

I am only maintaining kodi which seem to have kodi-x11 and I guess kodi-gbm too.

Are you sure you had vpu support on previous kodi version and which pkg though?

This is coz the cpu cannot handle h265 compression so this needs vpu support which is still not present.

You can you use kodi-gbm to use without graphical interface directly from cli.

Are you sure you had vpu support on previous kodi version and which pkg though?

I probably misstated. I’d never had vpu support on Kodi Matrix.

You can you use kodi-gbm to use without graphical interface directly from cli.

That’s exactly what I’d like to do, but unless I’m doing something terribly wrong there’s no kodi-gbm package available since the last update. Only kodi-x11 and kodi-xrandr.