Manjaro Update - Invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)

New to Manjaro, just installed it less than an hour ago. First task was update OS (about 722Mb of updates available) but received the following error message:
Invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):
Downloading archlinux-keyring (20191018-2.0-any). . .
Checking keyring . . .
Checking integrity . . .
Error: archlinux-keyring: signature from "Andreas Baumann (sign) mail@andreasbaumann.cc" is unknown trust
Failed to commit transaction:
Invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)
I Googled the problem and felt that clearing the cache may may solve it. Using terminal I entered the following commands:
sudo pacman -Scc
sudo pacman-mirrors -f7 && sudo pacman -Syyu
The response to these commands were:
error: failed to update community (unexpected error)
error: failed to synchronise all databases
Trying the update again I received the following:
failed retrieving file 'community.db' from uk.mirrors.fossho.st The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found.
Could I please request some assistance in getting the update working? In plain "one hour old newbie" language thanks. My location is Australia and I would like to utilise the mirror most appropriate to my location. Looking forward to any assistance that can be offered, many thanks - Bob Deb.

Try this:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Many thanks for the very prompt response. I entered the syntax you suggested into terminal which responded with a very detailed summary of its activity lasting many minutes. The primary jist of the scrolling entries seems that files 'core.db', 'extra.db' and 'community.db'failed to be retrieved from all the mirrors. The concluding response was the same as my previous post. Hoping you can further assist, many thanks - Bob Deb.

1 Like

How old was the ISO you installed from? Use a newer one next time.
For the moment try the steps outlined here:

1 Like

P.S. I attempted to include a copy of the final page of the terminal response but was unable to post it - "sorry, newbies are only allowed 2 links". Thanks again - Bob Deb.

The .iso was only downloaded just a few hours ago, although there is every chance that it may have been outdated to begin with. Tis getting very late here in the land of Oz and, as a worn out 76 year old, my beauty sleep is of great importance. I will apply the remedies you suggested tomorrow and let you know how things go. Many thanks again - Bob Deb.

The newest ISO's are version 20.0.3, so make sure what you have is that version :slight_smile:

Back at it again and, thanks to the input from all respondents, I am a little more clued up about the problem. The installed (32bit) version is : Manjaro 18.0 - Illyria 18.0.4 - Kernel 4.19 LTS.
Folder /var/cache/pacman/pkg is completely empty and no amount of coaxing via terminal will populate it.
Syu/Syyu terminal commands are unresponsive so I am unable to to update/upgrade beyond Ver 18.0. Went onto the net to hunt down a later version 32bit OS and there does not appear to be one available. Came across a web page that may explain everything and will attempt to attach a screenshot (flying without a license now so hang on!).[Linux Manjaro|690x337] Looks like I succeeded, hope you can navigate to it and if so please give me your thoughts upon its veracity. Sincere thanks to you all, looking forward to any thoughts or advice you may have. Many thanks again - Bob Deb (upload://dSsp67KpEO40I3panVZhBWoLMaR.jpeg)

Sorry to break this to you....

1 Like

Aahh! The story of my life. Many thanks for confirming the end of support for the Manjaro 32bit OS. Not to worry, I still have Linux Lite 3.8 (last of the 32 bit versions) which is still being supported and, as light versions go, is not to be sneezed at. My biggest job now is to uninstall Linux Mandaro from a dual boot (with Windows) configuration without blowing the bloomin' lot. Many thanks once again, it has been a pleasure to increase my Linux knowledge through this exercise guided by the advice of the respondents to my post. Very best regards - Bob Deb.

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by