Manjaro update diary log

I need to glance update diary. :closed_book:
I remember updated zoom and few programs. But I need an exact list in a week.

:mag_right: Are there log or record for this on my machine or elsewhere?

Hi @maxemilian,

As you know, or at least should know, Manjaro is a goes not support partial upgrades.

Therefore, there is no specific list for the software installed on your machine, and only yours. You can get a list of things that will be upgraded for you if you upgrade next:

$ sudo pacman -Syyu                                                                                                                                                                                                      1 ↵
[sudo] password for mirdarthos:
:: Synchronising package databases...
core                                                                                                      167.6 KiB   188 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
extra                                                                                                    1993.3 KiB  1689 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
community                                                                                                   6.4 MiB  7.83 MiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
multilib                                                                                                  181.8 KiB  12.7 MiB/s 00:00 [----------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
there is nothing to do

If you need this once a week, you could put it in a cronjob to do it automatically and send the list VIA email. I, however, don’t recommend it, since there are Update announcements with every update that you shouldn’t miss, since it’s explained if and what manual interventions are necessary.

1 Like

That would be /var/log/pacman.log

3 Likes

Hi…
thanks but I need history completely cause I need find a particular update :grin:
:smirk_cat: As I glance little dive, unfortunately I need more than two week maybe a month. This so weird

That’s I need :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face:
thank you soooo much :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Apologies, I completely misunderstood. I understood your request as needed to see, each day, which updates are available. Not the log of past updates.

Once again, I apologize for it.

Edit:
Just read the title again and realised the misunderstanding was because I read “diary” as “daily”

1 Like

Well, Actually you’re got right. I misspelled “daily” instead “diary”. :smiley:
I recognized a while ago
I fixed it. This should mine. I apologize for misspelling :innocent:

phew
Started worrying I needed better glasses there.

No problems man, glad you managed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.