Manjaro stuck at /dev/sda1 clean:

so take a screenshot of system settings/kernel and post it here

I then tried to install them after the first upgrade, but the problem came back. So I reused timeshift and I’m again upgrading without nvidia services

you shouldnt install them, i just wanted to check the system settings/kernel options… dont install anything from there

Ok what command you whant inrun ?

no command, just go to system settings/kernel and take a screenshot of it

is this after you run the update?

no, before

i just launch the update but it stuc at “search conflict between pakage” i’m waiting

so you didnt run the update again, where you disabled nvidia from updating?

I’ll try to explain better: we managed with timeshift to deliver a version before the update. I installed the updates without the NVIDIA. it worked. When in doubt, I upgraded the nvidia afterwards and the problem of blocking at startup started again. I had to uninstall them, restart timeshift and reload the version before the update. I made a screenshot for you and now I’m redoing the update without the nvidia and linux510, linux 515 and linux 517 drivers which need nvidia drivers to be installed.

ok so when you done updating without nvidia, reboot and post again screenshot of system settings/kernel

ok !

when the update will be finished, I could tell you too which are the 10 packages that I did not install, it is one of them which is responsible for the failure

by the way, a big thank you ! you are my new favorite superhero (Sorry V and Spidey)

haha … its the latest nvidia drivers who are responsible for it… ok so when you done post the screenshot…

yes ^^

I had heard that Nvidia was very boring on linux, I understand better why

ok so your kernels werent updated… so you have to wait till the next stable update 2-3 weeks, and then you could try updating the nvidia and hopefully it will be fixed by then…

Ok, once again thank you very much! I’ll try the update again in a while then. Do you think that security level is not too risky?

so when the next update will roll out, update the nvidia too, and hopefully it will be fixed…

ok, i will try, thx :partying_face:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.