Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

development
package
manjaro

Thanks for the tip!
Anyway, I have solved it with sandbox and I will use only NextCloud in the near future. :wink:

Wow, I didn’t know that at all. How REALLY BAD PRACTICE, Booooo :-1: !
This makes me want to stop maintaining this package inside our repos even more.
Shall we drop it back to AUR, what do you guys think?

[Stable Update] 2017-09-23 - Kernels, Mesa, PulseAudio, GST, Python, Haskell
Skype and Dropbox dropped as repo packages?

There’s no reason to package the software if the software then “unpackages” itself.

Drop it

removed.

On unstable, Octopi does not show dropbox as available in the Manjaro repositories.

But on stable, it looks not yet demoted to the AUR. It does not show in:
$ pacman -Qm

And it does not have the alien head on Octopi:

Just wait for that change to trickle down.

It has trickled down to Stable, just as you predicted.

Normally I like to remove packages that get demoted to the AUR. Since Dropbox seems to update itself, can I safely remove the packaged version of Dropbox?

The only reason to maintain also the aur version is if the appearence of dropbox is ugly ( icons , gui etc ) and aur maintainer do some patch … with the dropbox autoupdate this is not correct i think…

Hi,
qupzilla has changed name to Falkon web browse, and is now a part of kde applications.

From https://github.com/QupZilla/qupzilla :

QupZilla was renamed to Falkon and moved to KDE infrastructure

New repository is now available at https://phabricator.kde.org/source/falkon/.
This repository at GitHub will only be used for 2.2 release and after that will be made read-only.

So, please remove qupzilla and add falkon instead.

We have to ask at @excalibur1234 and at @Kirek if are interested of porting this … qupzilla come from Arch so maybe Arch in the near future switch into Falkon

As Ste74 said is packaged upstream

and there isn’t a stable version out

i assume that “qupzilla” will be replaced with “falkon” on our systems automatically in the not so distant future when it comes down from arch linux to manjaro.

If someone is using it on iso, please remember to update iso-profiles repo when the change comes…

@Ste74 Timeshift 17.10 is out

Yep, i see … it contain my command to allow work on wayland… at soon possible push in our repo :grin:

Looks promising. I will start testing it soon. If it works as it should I’ll ad an option for setting it up in manjaro-architect now that it is in the repos.

The package group mate-extra-gtk3 is obsolete.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Megasync doesn’t compile

Megasync doesn't compile

Now that I am receiving Dropbox updates from the AUR, I believe it may cause two instances to start on the first re-boot after an AUR update of Dropbox. Is anybody else getting this:

This is usually because of a permissions error. Storing your home folder on a network share can also cause an error.
Get more help at https://www.dropbox.com/c/help/permissions_error
Please contact Dropbox support with the following info for help: /tmp/dropbox_errorAqFAFv.txt

However, if I:
sudo pacman -Rsn dropbox

Then I needed to manually execute from $HOME
~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd