Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

development
package
manjaro

Yeah. Width needs to use something other that -w. Like -wd?

Dropbox is out-of-date in Manjaro repository, on AUR it is up-to-date, is there a method to send a notification to the Manjaro building team at every update of this package? Otherwise, it will always be out-of-date.

Doesn’t Dropbox update itself? That is, not through your package manager? So I am on v34.4.22, and I have never noticed it in my pacman updates, yet I think I am current.

KDE is annoying the hell out of me, or is it just me

Updating it now. I don’t know of a way for automatic notifications. Anyway afaik there are updates very often, so we should just rebuild it every now and then - I just admit I didn’t think of it for a while :wink:

@Chrysostomus @oberon there is a fork of spacefm called spacefm-ng which have seen a bit of development earlier this year

Thanks, @Lolix, I’ll check it out :slight_smile:

If it’s in the AUR, we can watch for updates to the PKGBUILD there (e.g. “enable notifications”).

But the question is what of our profiles use dropbox?

Looking good, I’ll use Teklad’s source for spacefm since the original fork seems abandoned.

Yes, that’s a valid point. It’s just a commonly used package - although the same would apply to something like skype/skypeforlinux wich are also not in official repos… and maintenance for all of those has always been very reliable in the AUR.

Yeah, and I hate that behavior, because it is not under my control, so I sandboxed it with firejail, this way it can only read and write to the path I choose.
Anyway, I think that it is a good idea to leave only in the AUR these (partly or completely) proprietary applications, like skype in @oberon’s example.

Not that I would know of. It certainly doesn’t for me. Maybe you simply have the AUR package installed? Or installed it in a different way?

I only install it through Octopi, from the main repos. But, this is interesting. Pacman and Dropbox seem to disagree on which version is running.

$ pacman -Qi dropbox
Name            : dropbox
Version         : 31.4.24-1
Description     : A free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : http://www.dropbox.com
Licenses        : custom
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : dbus  libxmu  libxslt
Optional Deps   : ufw-extras: UFW rules for Dropbox
                  perl-file-mimeinfo: Opening the Dropbox folder on some desktop environments
                  kde-servicemenus-dropbox: Servicemenu for Dolphin which allows easy access to most of Dropbox features
Required By     : None
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : dropbox-experimental
Replaces        : dropbox3  dropbox2
Installed Size  : 139.78 MiB
Packager        : Stefano Capitani <stefano@manjaro.org>                                                                                              
Build Date      : Wed 02 Aug 2017 03:26:06 PM EDT                                                                                                     
Install Date    : Thu 10 Aug 2017 07:26:23 AM EDT                                                                                                     
Install Reason  : Explicitly installed                                                                                                                
Install Script  : No                                                                                                                                  
Validated By    : Signature

Hah! Awesome! :laughing:
I have no idea at this moment what is going on there …

What’s the content of your /opt/dropbox/VERSION ?

$ cat /opt/dropbox/VERSION

Matching pacman

However:

$ ls $HOME/.dropbox-dist
dropboxd  dropbox-lnx.x86_64-34.4.22  VERSION

$ cat $HOME/.dropbox-dist/VERSION

$ ps x | grep dropbox
  944 ?        Sl     0:08 /home/mparillo/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-34.4.22/dropbox /newerversion start
 5465 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep dropbox

Matching the Dropbox Preferences GUI.

Chrome 61 upgrade - App doesn't open

Is it possible that dropbox installs in $HOME?

Yes, as soon as it starts Dropbox tries to update itself installing a binary in $HOME and executing it instead of the one in /usr/bin.
I don’t know if it is possible to deactivate this “feature”.

@oberon , @Cubanpit and @mparillo see my answer here :wink: