Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

development
package
manjaro

Chinese hackers took over Manjaro’s repositories. We’re doomed. :scream:

LibreOffice 6.0.2 (Fresh) and 6.1.5 (Still) are the current release builds upstream. All of Manjaro’s repositories still carry 6.1.4 and 6.0.7 according to the repology package lookup tool. Please update manjaro unstable builds as Arch have 6.0.2 and 6.1.5 in their testing repo. Thanks :wink:

Unless I am missing something here, libreoffice is packaged by Arch. Doesn’t that mean we get it in unstable shortly after it gets to Arch stable?

Manjaro takes Libre Office directly from Arch; they do not build the package themselves. So yeah, it’ll be imported eventually on Unstable and naturally go in Testing, then Stable.

EDIT: Ah, it’s not even on Arch Stable yet. My bad. :upside_down_face:

They import packages from Arch Stable. Let them test out the new Libre Office first. When it’ll be on Arch Stable, we’ll get it on Unstable like 1-2 days after.

We (in Arch) are presently at LO Fresh vers. 6.1.4.2, Build ID 6.1.4-5, Still is @ 6.0.7-4.

Yeah I misunderstood when packages from Arch got to Manjaro unstable. I thought it was when they were in Arch testing so apologies for jumping the gun here

“Imagescan” has recently moved from AUR to community. It is missing a desktop file so no menu entry. Also to access a network printer it needs a “networkscan” file also missing, note this was also missing in the AUR version. Think I pinched it from one of the other imagescan packages.

Regarding upstream Archlinux packages issues would need to be reported directly there :sunglasses:

snapd is due for an update. Upstream and AUR are at 2.37.2, we are at 2.37.

Our snapd is potentially affected by a vulnerability, but the guidances provided by upstream are not really that clear and I can’t figure out if we are actually affected or not.

Anyway, security or not, it is due for an update.

@jonathon

Snap is nightmare of Linux Security - dirty_sock exploit

I’m going to disown that package. I don’t use it, I didn’t add it to Manjaro.

I’ve updated the package files on GitLab, so can some other @Maintainers please pick it up?

…its in the aur ? does it need to be picked up ?
( this has the added benefit of dispelling that weird ‘well if I use snaps I avoid aur so its safer’ thing )

It’s in the AUR, someone added it to the Manjaro repos but didn’t keep it updated so the upstream project said to use the AUR versions instead, it was flagged here, I updated the package once, and now people ping me every time the package needs to be updated.

I don’t mind packaging stuff I use. I don’t use snapd (and never have).

Lol sorry for pinging you.

Mh if no one is interested to maintaining it and keep up with upstream/AUR, I think it should just be dropped. It might be disappointing for users that actually uses snapd, but it’s better to drop it and let them use AUR than just letting it rot in the repo.

If it gets dropped, it would be a good idea to mention it in the announcement once it’s become effective in Stable.

lightdm-settings and lightdm-slick-greeter are out-of-date

In a future step we will integrate a full store into Pamac to have a nice graphical UI for snaps

If Manjaro genuinely supports snaps then it should be in the Manjaro repos.

I don’t use snaps either, can’t see myself every using them either, but obviously some do.

@philm fancontrol-gui needs update.repo version doesnt work while aur git version works

Kvantum

is 10.8 in repo and latest is 10.9

kvantum itself comes from Arch Linux. (kvantum-manjaro is a collection of themes.)

Version 0.10.9 has been published today on Stable. It might take a while before your mirror get it though.

https://lists.manjaro.org/pipermail/manjaro-packages/Week-of-Mon-20190218/021373.html

Geary has a new version, now at v.0.13.0.

Regards!! :grin:

It is an Arch package…