Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

development
package
manjaro

Extra is the wrong place

1 Like

Uh, but the extra is the newer one. Please, don’t downgrade us to the old community :ghost:

0 Likes

I have to check where is the regular firefox then this is the right place :wink:

0 Likes

It should be in [community]. I put it in [extra] by mistake because that’s where firefox is (and muscle memory or something…).

2 Likes

Seriously this time :slight_smile: , it doesn’t matter much, as long there is the newest version available. There is certainly some rules why some packages are in extra or in community. As an average user I don’t take that much notice about it and I don’t know the rules. Also, I don’t really care as all repos work as one from user point of view. So the repo structure is probably more important to maintainers to have some order and logic.

0 Likes

On Arch Linux,in summary, the rules are the following:

• Core: maintained by the developers that fits certain conditions to be considered as “hyper essential”, and packages in this repos get more QA than others (mandatory period in Testing before being in Core);
  • Extra: maintained by the developers, but doesn’t meet the conditions to be in core, so they are less essential, but are still considered important to the distribution;
  • Community: maintained by the trusted users, they are the nice, but less important, additional stuff available here because a TU maintains it voluntarily.

On Manjaro, those rules doesn’t really make sense, because we don’t have trusted users. The hierarchy is kept so imported packages that were in Extra in Arch are also in Extra in Manjaro. But the general “feeling” stays more or less the same:

• Core: Hyper essential
  • Extra: Important
  • Community: “Cool to have”, but not as important stuff
2 Likes

Well i have updated the vala-panel-appmenu and worked for build both version for xfce4 so now in the repository you can find vala-panel-appmenu-xfce and vala-panel-appmenu-xfce-gtk3. Don’t use xfce so i hope it work otherwise ping me :wink:

0 Likes

split this topic #524

A post was merged into an existing topic: Non-Manjaro packages which have been flagged as needing an update

0 Likes

@jonathon - don’t worry too much about updating Thunderbird to 60.5.3 as it only contains a single fix for Windows. Linux builds are literally just a version number change according to the release notes complete list of changes

2 Likes

Arch have disabled the system libvpx (1.7.0) in favour of the bundled version (1.8.0) so there’s a rebuild coming anyway…

0 Likes

@jonathon It looks like psdd needs a rebuild against the new libreadline. Also maybe an update, the AUR version is at 1.2.0

1 Like

pspp is updated in unstable.

(along with snapd which I said I wasn’t going to do any more…)

2 Likes

PSPP Won't Open

@jonathon found by my script :wink:

mate-indicator-applet        1.20.0-2   in aur:  1.20.1-1
spl-dkms                     0.7.12-1   in aur:  0.7.13-1
spl-utils                    0.7.12-1   in aur:  0.7.13-1
thunderbird                  60.5.3-0   (in arch)  60.5.3-1
pspp                         1.0.1-2.0  in aur:  1.2.0-1
zfs-dkms                     0.7.12-1   in aur:  0.7.13-1
zfs-utils                    0.7.12-1   in aur:  0.7.13-1
2 Likes

I’ve updated amdvlk but there’s no lib32-amdvlk PKGBUILD available on GitLab so I don’t know how to build that package.

Edit: I’ve tried to merge the AUR lib32-amdvlk-git with amdvlk so we’ll see how that works.

0 Likes

vlc-nightly is at a lower version than vlc

$ yay -Ss ^vlc --repo
community/vlc-nightly 3.0.5v20181009-1 (10.6 MiB 56.8 MiB) 
    A multi-platform MPEG, VCD/DVD, and DivX player - nightly snapshot
extra/vlc 3.0.6-8 (10.7 MiB 57.8 MiB) (Installed)
    Multi-platform MPEG, VCD/DVD, and DivX player
$ yay -Si vlc-nightly | grep -i paqueteur
Paqueteur                : Philip Mueller <philm@manjaro.org>
1 Like

Last packager: @philm

Update needed

• libcpuid: upstream is at 0.4.1 (i-nex may need a rebuild);
  • compiz-manjaro: compiz 0.9.14.0 has been released;
  • gimp-gtk3: Build date is november 24th, 2018. It would be good to have a refresh I guess.

Removal?

• gimp-devel: Not needed anymore as far as I know, we already have Gimp 2.10;
  • vlc-nightly: Was interesting when we only had VLC 2 for so long, but now that we have VLC 3, I see no point of keeping it honestly.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I’ve removed gimp-devel and vlc-nightly. They’re pointless.

PKGBUILDs are still on GitLab if we ever want to update them again.

2 Likes

Suggest replace vlc-nightly with vlc stable in Manjaro Mate Edition
[Testing Update] 2019-04-06 - Kernels, Thunderbird, Firefox
[Testing Update] 2019-04-05 - Kernels, Deepin, Systemd, Plasma5, Python, Haskell
[Stable Update] 2019-04-03 - Mate, KDE-Dev, Cinnamon, Deepin, Browsers
[Testing Update] 2019-04-01 - Mate, KDE-Dev, Cinnamon, Deepin, Browsers, Systemd
[Stable Update] 2019-03-29 - Kernels, Gnome, LibreOffice, Mesa, Budgie, Browsers, Qt
[Testing Update] 2019-03-27 - Kernels, Gnome, LibreOffice, Mesa, Budgie, Browsers, Qt
Pre stable update: removing VLC-nightly will also take out Gwenview
[Testing Update] 2019-03-23 - Gnome, LibreOffice, Mesa, Budgie, Browsers, Qt
[Stable Update] 2019-03-21 - Kernels, Deepin, Browsers, Pamac, Plasma, Python
[Testing Update] 2019-03-14 - Kernels, Plasma, Deepin, Pamac, Python, Ruby
[Testing Update] 2019-04-07 - KDE-Dev, Akonadi, Manjaro-Tools

@jonathon I’m not sure if the tlp/tlp-rdw overlay is still needed. If so, v1.2 would now be available.

1 Like

Maybe also beshell and razor-qt should be removed, they have missing dependencies and build date is in 2013.
Last packager: @philm

1 Like

kde-servicemenu-dropbox should also be removed as dropbox is missing

1 Like