Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

development
package
manjaro

According to this post in Testing, nautilus-legacy (@Ste74) needs a rebuild because of a newer version of libexempi (package: exempi).

[Testing Update] 2019-01-27 - Kernels, Browsers, CertBot, Deepin, Wine

nautilus: error while loading shared libraries: libexempi.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Done…

@jonathon Firefox 65 has been released today. I know Manjaro usually takes the package from Arch, but it seems it has not been imported to Manjaro yet. If devs plans to take their time on Unstable and Testing, maybe releasing a “-0” package for Firefox (at least on Stable) could be a good idea and would be appreciated.

According to the release note, they fixed some security issues (no surprise here). Haven’t really read about them.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/65.0/releasenotes/

Also, you could consider doing the same thing for Chromium (marked as outdated in Arch website) and perhaps Opera (Arch has a higher version than Manjaro). I haven’t checked any other browser.

There’s also Thunderbird 60.5 available upstream. Release note here : https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/60.5.0/releasenotes/

Sorry for this “Christmas wish list”. Lol

Firefox is not a Manjaro-specific package. :wink:

Reread my post please. I acknowledged that in the second sentence.

I know. There’s nothing wrong with your request, however this isn’t the place for it, that’s all.

Mh I don’t know, I though it was the most appropriate place for that kind of request (building an temporary overlay package for Stable when there’s a reason for it), even it the thread wasn’t exactly meant for that.

I thought it would have been a bit silly to post a new thread each time I would request a “-0” package for Firefox or anything else. :confused:

Already in Arch Stable, will be in Manjaro unstable next snap, unless there are critical security patches included no need for an overlay build.

Just for info, I’ve been trying to build Firefox the past two days but the Mozilla Mercurial repo which the Arch PKGBUILD uses hadn’t been updated with a FIREFOX_65_RELEASE tag, hence no source code was available for the release.

In future I might edit the Arch PKGBUILD to switch to a tarball instead of the massive source repository instead. I don’t really see the benefit of having the unified repository available if Firefox is the only package which uses it (i.e. Thunderbird uses tarballs).

Also 16 hours ago I was asleep, so… :man_shrugging:

:stuck_out_tongue:

pdf2img-c needs to be updated or removed because it does not work.

pdf2img: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Upstream seems completely dead. When I click on the URL, I just get an error 404.

Build date: 2015-07-13, oh boy.

It’ll most likely be deleted.

Yep. Checking it’s not present in the Arch repo’s and the AUR package was flagged out of date on 2016-11-22. Guessing it was missed that it was removed upstream.

I think xviewer should be rebuild against exempi 2.5.0. @oberon

Confirmed on Testing.

[awesome@i56400 ~]$ xviewer
xviewer: error while loading shared libraries: libexempi.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Will do. Thank you.

Why? Firefox is in unstable repos.

Unless you are referring to the x32 build of course …

65 was released at least a day before it was built in Arch. I’m normally slightly ahead of Arch for that.

Scratch (the block coding app) is still on version 1.4 which is very old. I use scratch in an education environment on our manjaro systems and scratch 1.4 is very out of date for your projects and we are stuck to using scratch in the browser. The latest the AUR has is 2.4 and currently Scratch Desktop is on version 3.0. Please update

1. Scratch is an Arch package
  2. Scratch 1.4 is not the same as Scratch 2.

Who is this unknown, masked packager … :wink: … ?

Name            : firefox
Version         : 65.0-0
Packager        : Unknown Packager