Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

development
package
manjaro

A new version of the arc-theme by NicoHood has been released. It include bugfixex and improvements:

I know… Only i have to play with it for implement our custom modification

@oberon update please menulibre to 2.1.4.

Done :wink:

I can’t find winff in the repo anymore

~ >>> pacman -Si winff                                                                       
error: package 'winff' was not found
~ >>> pacaur -Si winff                                                                    [1]
:: Package winff not found in repositories, trying AUR...
Repository      : aur
Name            : winff [installed: 1.5.4-3]
Version         : 1.5.5+f721e4d-1
Description     : GUI for ffmpeg
URL             : https://github.com/WinFF/winff/
AUR Page        : https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/winff
Licenses        : GPL3  
Keywords        : None
Groups          : ?
Provides        : None
Depends on      : ffmpeg  gtk2  
Make Deps       : lazarus  lazarus-gtk2  gendesk  tar  git  
Optional Deps   : None
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Maintainer      : vorbote
Popularity      : 3.83
Votes           : 5
Out of Date     : No
Submitted       : Fri 05 Jan 2018 05:42:40 PM CET
Last Modified   : Fri 26 Jan 2018 01:43:07 PM CET

Was it dropped in Arch or in Majaro?
Last update was [Testing Update] 2017-09-15 - Calamares, Kernels, VirtualBox, Bluez

It was dropped from Arch to AUR on 2018-01-05

Manjaro-iso-profile-official need an update, I haven’t checked on github if corrections have been made

For building the Xfce Packages-Desktop had to remove

>extra qpdfview-djvu-plugin
>extra qpdfview-ps-plugin

While are now obsolete:
>multilib gcc-libs-multilib
>multilib gcc-multilib
>extra gtk3-print-backends

and there are OpenRC leftovers, I’ll take a closer look in the next days to see what have already been done and what can be done

I’m on testing branch, building a testing iso

@Ste74 manjaro-webdad-settings needs a rebuild, cheers.

Done :wink:

I assume you mean the binary packages in the repo ? manjaro-iso-profiles-official 17.0.2-5 ?

yes is that

compton-conf from community repo is 0.2.1-5 while the AUR is on 0.3.0-3

EDIT: pull request here

@Ste74 please update menulibre from 2.1.4-1 to 2.1.5

MenuLibre 2.1.5 Menu Editor Adds Budgie & KDE Plasma Support
https://launchpad.net/menulibre

Please update yad … in Manjaro repo is as 0.39.0, upstream is 0.40
Thx.

yad and menulibre updated :grinning: thank you

Hi. I use Manjaro stable and have been satisfied with the smooth updates most times.
I found in Arch Linux site a feature to flag packages as out-of-date, then I flagged Rosegarden 17.04 and they kindly updated it. However it doesn’t appear on Manjaro repos yet.
In recent years Rosegarden has been a very stable application and its team has released only 2 or 3 updates a year. So it’s very unlikely that Rosegarden will cause any problems in other system components or be hard for packagers to test. I just don’t do it myself because I don’t know how.
Can you, please, push the Rosegarden 17.12 update that are already available in Arch repos to Manjaro stable updates?
Thanks.

as manjaro is little behind arch… you will have to wait the next stable update.
or check the wiki to temporarly swith to unstable to update just this package if it won’t break because of dependencies

it’s just that maybe it was build with libraries that are not yet on stable… so it may not work.

Not unless it’s a security update. Otherwise, they’ll be rolled down as normal with the rest of the package updates. If you’re impatient, switch to the testing or unstable branches.

Thank you for your answers. Once I used the wiki instructions and installed one package from testing. (I don’t recall what package it was but it worked.)
Now I hadn’t thought that the package might be in unstable or in testing. But since Rosegarden is not very complaining about dependencies version I decided to do things an easier way.
I went to this site. Browsed the files in the unstable/community repo, found rosegarden 17.12, downloaded it together with the .sig file and then used octopi’s “install local package” option.
Rosegarden 17.12 is already running and working and I didn’t had to access unstable/testing branches the long way.
Thank you.

Finally, VLC 3.0 has landed in the Extra repository of Arch Linux. Does this change will reflect on Manjaro repos?

:grin: