Did you make another change to the pacredir package?
Because it stopped working. Currently I don't know why (haven't had a look what is different with the packages), but:
with the Manjaro package installed (
pacredir-0.4.2-1.2), pacredir currently doesn't work, I always get this in logs:
Currently no servers are available to check for linux51-5.1.21-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.
Currently no servers are available to check for SOME-PACKAGE.pkg.tar.xz.
even when the packages are available.
The server side works. I can download for example the new 5.1 kernel package when browsing to
On my client.
So it is a client issue, the server runs fine.
So I switched to the pacredir package provided by Arch (
pacredir-0.4.2-1-x86_64) and restarted the client service:
sudo systemctl restart pacredir
and it works again, the client finds the packages again, as it should.
Switched back to the Manjaro package, restarted pacredir again, and I always get the
Currently no servers are available to check for error again for every package.
So what is different in the Manjaro package (besides the default config)?
Edit: Did more testing to make sure this is not a pacredir issue. If I install the arch package and manually change the config to Manjaros pacredir config, it works.
But installing the pacredir package from Manjaro repos again stops it from working.
So there have to be definitely something else changed, not only the default config.
Edit 2: I built pacredir now with the exact PKGBUILD from Archlinux, and it still doesn't work. But the arch package still works.
Edit 3: Ok, it was my fault. I found the 'fix' now.
We have to change
In my last post, I said we have to change the
_pacserve_arch_x86_64._tcp. But this was wrong. I messed something up during testing back in that time when I wrote the post (I guess I still had the arch package installed on another system).
Switching it to
_pacserve_manjaro_x86_64._tcp again makes pacredir work again for us.
I`m really sorry for this mistake.