Manjaro sleeping issues

Hi community. There’s some issues I’ve found, and it looks like bugs. I also don’t definitely know who should I contact with - manjaro community or KDE community.

HOST: Lenovo ThinkPad E15 Gen 2 (20T80020RT)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
GPU: AMD Radeon integrated
RAM: 16GB
KERNEL: 5.9.8-2-MANJARO
DE: Plasma 5.20.3

So…

1.) After my laptop has booted (after off or reboot) there’re keyboard led-indicators don’t work but all they indicate work correctly (num/caps-lock are switch properly). If also I close laptop’s lid it doesn’t go sleep (but it have to do this according to my power management settings). This issue I will see all my working time until I put laptop sleep by menu.
But when I wake it up all leds work correctly and match to state they indicate. Also after this whenever I close lid laptop goes sleep. But if I shutdown/reboot… repeat reading from 1.)

2.) It seems like a vulnerability, or maybe I just don’t know how to fix it. I’ve found that manjaro doesn’t lock if laptop goes sleep while some context menu is opened. It is also the same with fullscreen VM on VirtualBox.

You should report this to KDE bugtracker.

Well, this may be more complicated. You may have to find were those leds are in the system and create a systemd service to set them properly at boot.

Hi,

I have been using Manjaro for a little while now and I am seeing a lot of problems with upgrading and kernel upgrades above the LTS. The newest kernel 5.9.10 and the first one before it 5.9.8? sleep does not work for me. If you put it to sleep or it does itself after time, my screen opens to black and the only thing I could do was it ctrl-alt-delete, maybe. it would shut down. or I just had to hold the power button for 10 seconds to kill it and then restart. It is unusable. I had to go back to the LTS 5.4.x kernel and that works.

other problems I have had with newer kernels are that suspend does not even suspend. I close the lid and the system keeps running. I have had my laptop get extremely hot which also seems to be a kernel version issue.

I generally like to upgrade when they come, but I find that is just not safe with Manjaro.

If you upgraded a kernel and need to back out/change the one used you can add or remove kernels
in Manjaro Settings, pick kernels. then install/remove

then to set your boot up defaults; install and run: grub-customizer

Well, I always use the LTS kernel myself. Keep in mind Manjaro is a “cutting edge” distro, so ISOs come with newer kernels. The idea is to provide functionality to newer hardware, but the downside is come functions may not work properly until newer kernels stabilize. I even keep using the same LTS for a while after a new LTS has come out. I’ve had older machines in which I had to keep older LTS kernels. That’s a big plus in Manjaro: the amount of kernels to choose which keep being updated.