Manjaro Settings Manager for KDE issue with Firefox App

Hello!
I have found a small bug in Manjaro KDE and I want to show it to Manjaro developers how to fix it.
This bug is present after booting the first time Manjaro KDE (the live session).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUG: Typing something in Search in App Menu, App Dashboard or App Launcher crashes sddm for some seconds.
This bug happens before opening the Firefox App. If you launch Firefox for the first time, Search field in App Menu, App Dashboard or App Launcher gets unblocked.
I consider it a low-priority bug, but annoying and confusing for new users.
HOW TO FIX IT: Edit the file in /etc/xdg/kdeglobals and remove BrowserApplication=firefox.
I hope it is useful. Thanks!

Hi, and thank you for reporting this. :+1:

However, this is a known bug. Upstream, the KDE developers know about it already, and it has been fixed in Plasma 5.20, although I’m not sure whether it will (or can) be backported to Plasma 5.19.

Still, your suggestion may come in handy for the mastering of the official Manjaro 20.1 Mikah .iso, so I’m going to invite the developers to take a look at this thread. :wink:

Cheers! :beers:

2 Likes

In KDE Plasma git version is missing completely :slight_smile: the file i mean.
/etc/xdg/kdeglobals
But i never spend much time in Live Environment, so i never cam across this issue.

1 Like