manjaro pam conf file as in archlinux?

Hi there,

I am suscribed to a deepin login bug, that affects manjaro deepin.

So if you have no password login option enabled, and close session or the screen is blocked you can not log in again.
Someone at the bug post tells than adding a line to the PAM conf file in archlinux fixes it.

Can I add that line:

auth    sufficient      pam_succeed_if.so user ingroup nopasswdlogin

directly on manjaro deepin at /etc/pam.d/system-auth?
:thinking:

On my deepin install that line is in the deepin-auth-keyboard file. But I don't see a group "nopasswdlogin", do you have that group? And is your user part of that group?

All the groups should be listed in /etc/group (along with the users in that group). I'm wondering if you change the line in deepin-auth-keyboard to use the "autologin" group if that would work for you.

Hi @pixel27,
I checked at etc/group, and yes I have one called:
nopasswdlogin:x:618:(and my user name here)

and this is my content on nano /etc/pam.d/deepin-auth-keyboard:

auth sufficient pam_succeed_if.so user ingroup nopasswdlogin
auth [success=2 default=ignore] pam_lsass.so
auth [success=1 default=ignore] pam_unix.so nullok_secure try_first_pass
auth requisite pam_deny.so
auth required pam_permit.so

I'm just guessing about all this, so anything you do make sure you have a backup file, and maybe have a rescue CD just in case so you can boot up access the drive and undo the changes.

Personally I'd feel safer just enabling this for a particular program rather than any far reaching changes....mostly to avoid enabling some sort of remote access without a password. So my suggestion would be to add the line to /etc/pam.d/xscreensaver or maybe /etc/pam.d/lightdm or even /etc/pam.d/lightdm-greeter. Whichever you think is locking the screen.

I also think if you target the GUI applications directly, even if you mess up the file you should be able to access via a terminal and revert the change.....

Thanks for your help @pixel27!

Now I have no block login after screen shutdowns nor screensaver option, so no need to hardware restart computer.
If I don't need to close session I should staly like this till deepin fixes the bug.

I don't want to start test files configurations without enough know-how, : )

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark