Manjaro-openrc will be discontinued

openrc
artix

I installed the Cinnamon version from the ISO only to find the cinnamon package was missing!

??? can cinnamon run on openrc? it’s based on gnome3 and dependent on systemd? i hope i’m wrong…

yes very well actually and its on the ISO too

Edit /etc/default/grub and look for GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="". If it says Manjaro, change it into Artix then save it and run this :

sudo update-grub

Should work just fine…

OT :

The first one (manjaro-strit) contains @Strit packages used for his spin. As for the second one, that’s @AJSlye repo contain development packages for enlightenment DE …

robinw0800

so did I
just install
sudo pacman -S cinnamon cinnamon-control-center cinnamon-desktop cinnamon-sreensaver cinnamon-session cinnamon-settings-daemon cinnamon-translations nemo muffin nemo-python nemo-fileroller dconf-editor
it work
john29

Should change it at /etc/lsb-release
Newer …uhm versions should be at /etc/os-release but lsb-release should be fine for manjaro.
os-release does not work for manjaro grub or arch and I think not for Artix either

Or maybe install lsb-release altogether :

~ >>> pacman -Ql lsb-release                                                                                                                                          
lsb-release /etc/
lsb-release /etc/lsb-release
lsb-release /usr/
lsb-release /usr/bin/
lsb-release /usr/bin/lsb_release
lsb-release /usr/share/
lsb-release /usr/share/man/
lsb-release /usr/share/man/man1/
lsb-release /usr/share/man/man1/lsb_release.1.gz
~ >>> cat /etc/lsb-release                                                                                                                                            
LSB_VERSION=1.4
DISTRIB_ID=Artix
DISTRIB_RELEASE=rolling
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Artix"

[lizzias@Artix ~]$ pacman -Ql lsb-release 
lsb-release /etc/
lsb-release /etc/lsb-release
lsb-release /usr/
lsb-release /usr/bin/
lsb-release /usr/bin/lsb_release
lsb-release /usr/share/
lsb-release /usr/share/man/
lsb-release /usr/share/man/man1/
lsb-release /usr/share/man/man1/lsb_release.1.gz
LSB_VERSION=1.4
DISTRIB_ID=Artix
DISTRIB_RELEASE=rolling
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Artix"
[lizzias@Artix ~]$```

how to use lsb-release to change it?

This link shows the difference in showing OS names in current OS and in uh… os-prober other OS’s title.
fallenrat may be talking about this and is fairly right.

I can add a manjaro-keyring, basically, if manjaro has the artix keyring too in repo, this would simplify things.

Yes, its safe, but only, if you keep the arch/manjaro repos below artix repos in pacman conf. I could also make a manjaro-mirrorlist package that installs unstable /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist-manjaro. If you enable [core], be careful, you “extend” the artix base group with systemd packages. Except for no systemd packages, the [system] equals [core]

I just see problems, if you don’t use unstable manjaro, but testing and stable…

Is it advisable to use Manjaro’s Unstable brach then to minimize version conflicts with Arch / artix package versions?

Edit: The above question is meant the way: If you are so desperately in need of Manjaro packages that you accept the risks of borking your system …

Don’t swap [system] packages for [core] packages.
You may bork your system by doing that.
Naturally, I can’t give any guarantees with manjaro repos enabled, since they have a delay.
Artix will try to keep up with arch in terms of pace, except we deem it not stable and move it in our [system-testing].
I just installed last night a 12 core artix server donated by a kind soul to be used as buildserver. :slight_smile:

Very nice. If only I had that kind of souls for my projects. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes its luck, and we have been lucky so far.

I can say, thank you to all the people who offered their help.
It is appreciated and also needed.

What can i do to help @artoo?

Did you notice that if you try to install cinnamon from your ISO two packages are missing cinnamon and artix-cinnamon-presets?

I had the same issue when I did a clean install. I thought it was my iso download. It is good to know it’s not just me

Same issue had to install cinnamon and themes icons
all good now

So, I’m trying to install Artix and calamares refusing to install stating there’s no network connection available. I’m connected via Ethernet and can ping outside sources.

Starting calamares from the terminal it says it has enoughStorage, enoughRam, hasPower, hasInternet, isRoot: true, true, true, true, true

The next line is “Error transferring https://raw.githubusercontent.com/artix-linux/iso-profiles/master/base/netgroups/netgroupcs-openrc.yaml” - server replied: Not Found"

@artoo is this a temporary issue with GitHub or do I need to update things to get an install to work?