Manjaro Openbox Wifi

So i am a little bit new to linux. Lookin for the just right distro. Came across Manjaro Openbox . Problem is when i update i lose my wifi. Any help be appreciated.

Please post:

inxi -Fxxxz

Please post all terminal commands as text with code tags, (not as pics).

Information on how to properly post hardware specs and logs:

Please format any terminal output with three backticks before and after, as shown in this picture:

Miscellanious Network Troubleshooting Tips:

Reboot both your router and computer before you do anything.

Install several alternate kernels with Manjaro Settings Manager, (then test for improvement).

Ensure your BIOS is up to date, and that your adaper is enabled in your bios.

Ensure your router firmware is up to date.

Consider resetting your router back to the factory default settings.

If you are having issues with a laptop, try putting the laptop into suspend, then resume and check for any changes.

If you are having wireless issues with a laptop, ensure that no function keys or hidden switch is disabling your wireless.

Disable IPv6 connections in your router and in Network Manager (set to ignore).

Test your connection with a different router if possible.

Test your connection with a different network if possible, (internet cafe etc).

Is your network driver from an external source such as the AUR (or github, etc). If so perhaps you need to rebuild your driver.

2 Likes

Do you mean the wifi adapter is no longer found or that the network tool no longer sees your (or any) router?

He means it’s a problem needing investigation/troubleshooting. After following the advice, the observations you’ll report may help identifying the problem and suggest a proper solution. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.