Manjaro Openbox ISO rebuild

Openbox ISO rebuild 18.0.4-19153

dl-button

Full ISO

direct | sig | sha1 | sha256

Minimal ISO

direct | sig | sha1 | sha256

13 Likes

full and minimal for a minimal desktop. love that!

1 Like

Unfortunately it seems that the noobfriendly installer (Install Manjaro in the main desktop menu) has been neglected.

When selecting partitions manually, you cannot really edit much. I was unable to change the filesystem type of the largest partition. And even after editing the little things you can, the Next button will not be active, so it is futile.

I was able to "replace" whatever was on my disk earlier and install that way, and the installer reported success, but after reboot I ended up in grub rescue.

Edit: Ah, I see now that I can edit things when manually partitioning, if I first select format on the relevant partition.

However, the point is that at first I installed by replacing whatever was on the hard disk, and this should be the simplest way of installing. Now after trying a couple of times, I see that when installing this simplest way, I must pick the mount points myself. The defaults do not have the mountpoints that would result in an installation that works.

From two years ago I seem to remember that installation of Manjaro was a bit noobfriendlier. Maybe I remember wrong. It's been a long time since I installed Manjaro last time.

You can launch it from the desktop root menu. Just right click your mouse.

If you fancy desktop icons - then install the package pcmanfm and add this command to the file ~/.config/openbox/autostart

pcmanfm --daemon-mode --desktop &

can you add this to your openbox edition
Binding Skippy-XD to a screen corner

You can use xdotool to bind skippy-xd to a screen corner. First, make sure xdotool is installed

Add the following line to your autostart applications:

xdotool behave_screen_edge top-left exec skippy-xd

Valid location keys are:

left
top-left
top-right
right
bottom-left
bottom
bottom-right

xdotool is very lightweight and should have next to no negative impact on your system.

Source for the screen corner binding technique:

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

Can't find issue button on Github :upside_down_face:
I noticed that there's missing dash in switchmenu command in menu.xml

<action name="Execute">
            <command>switchmenu -dynamic</command>
</action>

Doesn't matter

The original author made the script failsafe in that regard.

Ah, ok :slight_smile: I had a little reconnaissance few days ago (or something like that) to find how menu switching working and I noticed that. Thought will be worth to mention.

1 Like

My favorite edition. Great design, settings are nearly perfect and the wallpapers are really cool. I also like the system monitor output right on the desktop. One thing is that the 18.0.4 iso is not linked on the download page. There it is still the 18.0.2. I know, it's rolling, nevertheless...

Thanks for all the efforts!

1 Like