Manjaro on Pi 4: Won't update or install files - "Invalid or Corrupt Database"

I bought my dad a Raspberry Pi 4 for his birthday and thought I would preload it with dual-boot Raspbian and Manjaro setup. I used Berryboot and went with the Manjaro option it provided.

Sadly, this is not going well....

Manjaro won't update or install software. I get either "404" or "Invalid or Corrupt Databases" errors. I've tried reloading the keys with the following commands:

sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman -Sc

The end result was an error message on "--refresh-keys" and all my repositories appear to be gone. Re-installed OS, tried again, same result. Clock does appear to be correctly configured, I understand that can screw up the gnupg keys.

Not terribly familiar with Arch so no idea what to do other than join this forum and hope someone can guide me from here.

I have no experience with Berryboot and how it does things. It sounds like some how you have loaded up an older version of Manajaro-ARM and may not be using the current mirrors. You can try the steps here in post #1 but my suggestion is to load up our latest image so you have all of the latest improvements on one sdcard and raspian on the other then let him choose what he likes best. You may not be giving him the latest that we have if you are using an old image for him to make his decision.

Ok, I think I have to 20.04 image tarball. Let me see if I can "squash" it so it will still work with BerryBoot.

Yup, that seems to be working. First boot took a while and did show a dependency error but it's updating software so, that's good. Your default setup on XFCE is very close to the way I like to set it up myself...

UPDATE: There's a mis-config in boot up. Takes very long to boot because it times out waiting for DEVICE (flashes by to fast to read). Then there's an unmounted "Boot" drive on my desktop that it can't mount (missing Label=Boot_MNJRO or something like that). I'll need to look at the boot log and, eventually, ask for help again I suppose :wink:

These sound like issues specific to berryboot.
On normal images, that mounts fine. :slight_smile:

Yup, ditched BerryBoot and everything works much better. I guess I'll just go with two separate SDCards. Next trick is see if I can get Widevine working. When I tried to install Widevine docker from Chromium n the repositories, it wouldn't correctly configure. As for the OS itself though, much better without Berryboot.

1 Like

Ok, got my answer on Widevine for aarch64. Not yet supported but Mozilla may be working on something...

Forum kindly sponsored by