Static noise with the microphone

Hi. I’ve been using Manjaro for 4 days now, and I can’t solve an issue I have with static noise with my microphone. It is very loud, and very irritating for people in Discord. It can be heared in any app, not only discord.

First I tried with noise supressors like NoiseTorch but it didn’t work well. Then I started searching in forums and I found a guide in the archlinux wiki (I can’t put the link gere, but search for PulseAudio troubleshooting static noise in microphone):

It describes some steps to solve this, but I can’t follow them. When it says to run “arecord -f dat -r 60000 -D hw:0,0 -d 5 test.wav”, I get an error:

arecord: main:830: audio open error: No existe el fichero o el directorio

It is spanish, it means “file or directory cannot be found”. I don’t know how to make this work, or if there is another solution.

I have a similar issue. It started appearing a few days ago though, earlier it was fine. Same issue on two intallations, one on PC (integrated sound card on MSI B250m motherboard) and one on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5482). It is most hearable on Discord without echo cancellation and noise suppresion. With those features enabled it is much better, although there was no need to enable them earlier. Connecting an external USB sound card to my PC apparently solved the issue. In other apps it is not that problematic (Skype, Teams) but I assume that they have some noise suppresion enabled by default.