HELP! USB devices stop working!

Hello,
Ive got an issue with my manjaro and I dont know whats wrong. About 10minutes or so, sometimes earlier and sometimes later the usb devices stop working. USB devices stop working about 10minutes after system starts up. aka the buttons on the keyboard dont do anything and the mouse doesnt move. Ive tried unplugging and replugging and trying different mice and keyboard and nothing works. the mouse still have the laser light on but no input. the num and caps lock keys dont turn on the lights on the keyboard and nothing works.

Im being forced to using windows right now because of this and I tried googling and found nothing on this. I have no idea whats going on.

The thing is I dont have ps2 keyboard. Maybe i need to get one to test if no one knows whats going on from this. I can only run commands and stuff while my keyboard input is still working.

Can anyone help me i have no idea what to do. I cant even compile and use a new kernal because by the time the kernal has finished compiling my keyboard input wont let me type in my sudo password to install the kernal. And i cant go and install the kernal manually after a restart because usually the install script handles the instalation through the package manager and doing it manually always breaks something.

If no one knows whats going on il go to the store and pick up a ps2 keyboard that i can find.
Please can anyone help

Thanks

You really need to go the top of the forums and read how to report problems. At least tell us what hardware you are using. My wild guess is that you are dual booting with Windows and fast startup is enabled. Please shut it down. Or maybe you are using a USB hub that is failing. But those are all just guesses. Please help us help you.

can you report

inxi -Fza 
sudo journalctl -b0 -p4

i dont duel boot. they are installed on seperate drives. fast boot not enabled. usb works all good on windows.
Thanks for the help!

Please remove the cry for help in your topic title. Exclamation marks are not required. This is a support forum, we already know you need help. Your topic will be hidden until this is addressed.

Please see:

no one was responding to me though. it was an hour since anyone responded and my issue was fading down the list unsolved D:. eidt im switching to ubuntu. awful distro support

:scream:

Self-entitled, much? If you want immediate support, use Windows and pay for support. Everyone here are volunteers and help others in their spare time.

Sounds like it might be a better fit for you as it’s a point release distribution. Manjaro is a rolling release.

However, don’t expect anything different as far as support on Ubuntu’s forums or any other GNU / Linux distribution forums. Users there are also volunteers.

:door:

1 Like