Manjaro mirror "manrajo.re"

This week I had problems installing a package due missing files on the chosen mirror.

So far, nothing unusual, that a mirror could run out of sync at times for various reasons.

Looking at the mirror address it was “manjaro.re” which I found a bit unusual. Rebuilding my mirrors-list with german mirrors this specific mirror always pushed itself at the top position with the fastest response times.

So what made me worry is, why is a mirror the reunion tld considered a german server and why is it always on top of the list.

Long story short, is manjaro.re a trusted server or not?

Andreas

1 Like

Since Manjaro is a registred trademark since a couple of years - and the mirror is in the official pool of mirrors - I think it’s ok.

Yeah the tld is a bit unusual but many small countries make money from selling the right to use their tld. And if the operator is located in Germany and so probably the server - then even the tld is reunion.

And for being on top of the list - depending on your method or generating the mirrorlist - the mirror must be quite responsive.

3 Likes

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

Sorry for responding a little bit late, my notification mails have been muted for whatever reason. :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.