Manjaro Mate 17.0 (Beta2)

Hi Community Manjaro Mate 17.0 Beta2 Gellivara is ready for another cycle of testing :slight_smile:

This release is tagged beta2 but is most of beta3 :wink: so this have all improvment of our core pkgs in the main beta3 release .

Plus this is a full edition :

Steam , Brisk menù , Slate notifier , Libreoffice , Lollypop , Vlc-nightly , Full acces to AUR are only a bit of the pkgs in this release …

This is build with our unstable branch but feel free to switch into our stable repo and use with our stable repo…

Enjoy
Stefano Capitani

Download

8 Likes

In VB, it gave me an error in current theme that could interfere with log in. What is that all about?

Uhm … sometime is needed enable the debug mode to work properly … try to open with text editor

/etc/lightdm/lightdm-webkit2-greeter.conf

and set to true the debug_mode field

Thanks Stefano. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed before the final ISO or some problem with my HW?

I got the same error when installing with manjaro-architect. I could not login with displaymanager, but startx from tty2 worked fine.

By trial and error, I was able to get around the problem by saving the VB and restarting it from scratch off the hard disk.

@Chrysostomus i have changed the mate profile if you want try … @k357k9 start to rebuild a beta3 for mate de :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Stefano. It is a rainy, cold day here and outdoor activities are limited. I’m ready to test.

Maybe my impression but that Brisk menu looks suspiciously like Whisker’s.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark