Manjaro LXDE 17.0.5

Manjaro LXDE 17.0.5 has been released and it is available for Download!!!
Direct Download
Torrent Download
LXDE is a really lightweight Desktop Environment. This edition is suitable for weaker hardware, virtual machines and those who want a simple traditional desktop experience.

Make sure that you always verify the signature of the ISO first as described at the bottom of this page: Also, always verify the checksums of the ISO, so that you make sure it is undamaged. :slight_smile:

Changes frοm previous release:

1. Switched to full profile and disabled calamares netinstaller. This means that the ability to select/unselect additional software is no longer available. The advantage is that now installation is much faster and internet connection is no longer mandatory. If someone still wants minimal profile, then he can use the manjaro-architect ISO which is now in very good shape!
  2. Switched to adapta eta maia theme which looks awesome!
  3. Various improvements to manjaro base system which you can see in the announcement of the official editions.

Don’t forget to take a look at Tips & Tricks Guide for Manjaro LXDE:

Theme: Adapta Eta Maia
Icons: Arc Maia
Cursor: Breeze
Logout-Banner: Custom logout banner based on breath wallpaper.
Wallpaper: lxde-breath

Torrents are up at:

@Strit Did this change get into the torrents too: (it was merged only 4 hours ago but I had manually included it in my ISOs)?

The torrents got created about 4 hours ago, from the ISO’s present at at the time.
If these had the fixes, so does the torrents.

Aaaa ok nice, for some reason I thought that they were created from iso-profiles github master branch. If they are created from ISOs then all is good :slight_smile: Thx!

Torrents need the finished ISO as a source. :slight_smile: That’s why the torrents always come out after the ISO’s have been uploaded to SF.

This is great! A major improvement since last i test it. Now it became “my second” fave from the community releases, but not as a second place … Love it!!!

Thx. I’m glad you liked it more. I still don’t really like the fonts. Currently I’m using a combination of Sans for almost everything and Cantarell for lightdm-gtk-greeter. Maybe I should change everything to Noto Sans at the future 17.1 release, which will add some MB to the ISO size, but I think they look better.

@Strit I’ve uploaded new ISOs (same location with same name using rsync) trying to fix an issue with some touchpads. Is it easy for you to create new torrent files? Sorry for inconvenience…

I’ll do new Torrents for them. :slight_smile:

Torrent just got updated. Enjoy.

Be aware, that the previous torrents are still being seeded by people and will likely not die.

Thx! You rock!

It’s ok, the issue with touchpads is really rare, since I cannot reproduce on any on my laptops, so even those who download the older images, most likely, won’t be affected.

@Thanos_Apostolou I never got to thank you for your work on this LXDE edition. My decade old Acer Aspire laptop is flying again. Thank you very much. Keep up the good work.

Thx! That means a lot! :slight_smile:

I want to announce that I won’t be able to keep maintaining the LXDE edition anymore. I really enjoyed working on this edition and I am grateful for all the users who tried it and helped me with it. I will be trying new things and, unfortunately, time is limited. If someone wants to step up and keep maintaining it, then he/she could talk to the manjaro developers and start contributing to the project and build trust, as I once did. :slight_smile:

Sad to hear this news. But hey, thanks for all your work in keeping lxde alive on Manjaro. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Very sorry to hear this Thanos.
I know how hard you worked to keep the LXDE version alive.
As you know, it is my favorite Manjaro version.
Thank you very much for all your hard work. It is much appreciated.
Take care,