Manjaro LXDE 17.0.2

lxde
community-edition

Manjaro LXDE 17.0.2 is available for download!
Direct Download
Torrent Download
Similar to the previous release, this has a base full featured system installed by default, with the selection for additional software during the installation procedure. The installer needs internet connection in order to work!

Changes since 17.0.1 release:

1. Added additional keyboard shortcuts for tiling windows (Super+Arrows) as well as taking window screenshots (Alt+Print) and select-area screenshots (Shift+Pint)
  2. Added support for notifications when changing sound volume.
  3. Use breeze-cursor by default similar to the rest editions.
  4. Arc-maia-icon-theme has moka as dependnecy now and the icons look awesome! Also, the panel size got increased a bit, so that icons look more clearly.
  5. Added many awesome wallpapers! Special thx to @muser, @Reznorix and @rtlewis1 (Randall T. Lewis on the lxde forum) for their artwork.
  6. Many improvements in the whole manjaro system and Calamares installer which you can see at the announcement of the official editions!

Don’t forget to take a look at Tips & Tricks Guide for Manjaro LXDE:

LOOKS:

• Theme: Vertex Maia
  • Icons: Arc Maia
  • Cursor: Breeze
  • Logout-Banner: Custom logout banner based on breath wallpaper.
  • Wallpaper: lxde-breath

Some Other Wallpapers:

Recommended mode: 1280×1024

Looks good Thanos! I am downloading now and will follow up with a video.
Thanks for all your hard work!

Thx! If you want, post the video here when it’s done so that everyone can see it.

Just booted up. Looks good. First issue is the problem with window placement that we had last time.
When I modify the lxde-rc.xml file to enable centering of all new windows, it will not take effect.
I think you resolved this with the 17.1 release but I can’t remember how you did it.
Can you refresh my memory please? :slight_smile:
Thanks!

You need to put these lines:

<application class="*">
  <position force="no">
    <x>center</x>
    <y>center</y>
  </position>
</application>

or something similar to this (some people prefer to exclude docks or some specific apps, or change class="*" with type=“normal”)

to ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml just above the line </applications> near at the end of the file. Then logout and login.

That’s what I did, but it won’t take.
Not sure why, as it always does with other LXDE distros.
I’ll keep trying :slight_smile:

Tried again and it worked.
For some reason it didn’t save the first time.
Thanks! Looking good so far :slight_smile:

Fantastic as usual. And I never did care much for LXDE until I used this and now I use nothing else.

Just booted into a VM and my [science] it is quick.

Got an older laptop running KDE might have to install this side by side and have a play with it.

Good work.

I’ve got a interesting problem when I tried to install this.

I have a system with a AMD FX-6300 processor, 32 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card.

I tried installing this and selected non-free so I would get the nvidia drivers installed when it installs it.

The USB stick boots up and I get the desktop, go through the install and on reboot, I select Manjaro in the grub and get the normal text at first, then the monitor goes into a screen saying it cannot see a signal. I wait a long time, but never get a display on the installed system. I even tried editing the grub entry and adding nomodeset, didn’t do anything either. I didn’t try using free instead of non-free.

I had a week or two ago tried the RC2 of the 17.0.2 XFCE using non-free on this same system and I didn’t have this happen when booting up the installed system. RC2 of XFCE booted fine. I haven’t tried the full release of 17.0.2 of XFCE though.

Wish I knew why lxde gives me a can’t see signal on the screen, when xfce works fine.

What graphics driver was installed?

I’m assuming the Nvidia driver. Usually in all the other versions of Manjaro when I use non-free, it would use the Nvidia driver.

All I know is it works when I boot the iso, but after it is installed, and I do the 1st boot, my monitor goes into the message can’t find signal so I can’t see if the Nvidia driver got installed or not.

I’ll have to reboot the iso and see if I can find nvidia-settings.

I’ll try downloading the release of 17.0.2 XFCE and try it as the rc2 version installed and ran fine. Not sure why the LXDE version after installing, my monitor suddenly can’t see a signal.

I got to admit though on the iso I preferred the previous grub on it where you had a choice to click free or non-free, was easier to know for sure which one I was booting, the new one I change free to non-free and I’m assuming the Nvidia gets loaded as I do get a display when iso boots, just no display after install.

Don’t assume, check for sure

mwhd -li

Hi

I’m still running Manjaro LXDE 16.03; and still running well. Thought I’d try this new version in a VM (VirtualBox) but the installation gets stuck at 26%. The live system works fine but just can’t install it! Any ideas? If you need more info just let me know.

Cheers

This edition is a semi-netinstaller. Meaning that if you select any extra packages, it downloads them during installation. So, an installation with all the packages selected takes about 50 minuites depending on the chosen mirror (probably less). Calamares doesn’t so the process and it seems like it gets “stuck” at 26% or 29% usually. Make sure you’ve waited enough time first.

Is there any statistical data that how much resources use?

Wait, LXDE rolls just as well as the rest of Manjaro, right?
So if you keep up with updates, why do you say your are still running 16.03? And what would you expect to gain by a reinstall?

Yes, linux is full of that kind of stuff. What exactly are you looking for?

I already did. The ISO boots up with Nvidia 375, but the installed version will not display at all so I can’t check if it has a nvidia driver.

Boot into live ISO and chroot into your installed system

sudo mount /dev/sdXX /mnt
sudo manjaro-chroot /mnt

Now all commands will effect your installed system, not your Live system.