Manjaro live USB crash dual boot Windows 10 eufi

When your PC has a DVD reader/burner then burn the ISO to a disc. Forget the USB stuff.
Make sure not to simply copy the ISO file but it needs to be unpacked and the contents has to be written to disc.

Hello DeMus,

Sadly no dvd reader/burner…

This is a security identifier for a not corrupted file (due to download procedure or other)
Check what is this for your ISO with

md5sum <your-file-path-and-name>

Compare the output to the one at the web download folder where you got the ISO, with the same name, ending in md5.

Nevertheless, this might not be the problem (it would be too easy…)
To troubleshoot, search in the forum for similar topics (they are many) and report what you did already (of the topics suggestions) and failed.

Are these dates correct?

64 GB Flash Memory Flash Memory:
Super-fast program launches The built-in flash memory works in a similar way 
to SSD hard drives and speeds up the launching of applications and the Windows operating system. 
Programs are displayed directly after clicking - waiting times are a thing of the past.

Multi-card reader for microSD memory cards, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x miniHDMI® out, 
Audio: 1 x audio combo (mic-in, audio-out)

If you agree, a USB Disk would be the better choice to install Manjaro - Linux

Edit: @David
By entering acpi_osi=! acpi_osi=“Windows 2009” in the grub parameters before boot I can actually boot normally into the system!

There is a -c flag for automatic md5sum checking.

Better yet, check the sha1sum.
If you download for example the current XFCE version: manjaro-xfce-17.1.11-stable-x86_64.iso, then there is a corresponding sha1 file: manjaro-xfce-17.1.11-stable-x86_64.iso.sha1.
To check the file integrity (that the download was successful) run (in Linux):

sha1sum -c manjaro-xfce-17.1.11-stable-x86_64.iso.sha1

Note the file extension being sha1.

There is a similar CLI tool by Microsoft for Windows which I assume works the same way, but haven’t tested:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11533

Though, as @AgentS said, it is most likely more complicated than a corrupted download. :frowning:

Could it just be, that it is very slow on certain hardware?

Hey all,

Thank you for helping.

It seems waiting for 10 minutes solved the problem. Manjaro installed.

Now I have other problems…
I can only start the installed manjaro with the live usb because the Grub is not starting. It goes straight to Windows.
With the live usb i van get to start Manjaro.
I tried efibootmgr but it is not showing the grub…
I found multiple treats about this but i don’t know what to do now…
I know my grub is not on the same partition as the windows efi boot… But i am afraid to crash my Windows if i replace the grub to that location.

Further i al having trouble with my touchpad, i can not use it. The mousepointer moves but i can not click (not with the physical buttons and not with the pad itself) I can only ‘click’ with a touch in the touchscreen…

It seems a lot of trouble to get this all working properly…

PS: i have a hantick touchpad (not a synaptics as mostly discribed as solutions).
And i had similar problems like this with the touchpad when trying Ubuntu distro’s like xubuntu and mint…
Maybe this notebook is not meant to work with Linux… :frowning:

show your disk
and hardware information

parted -l
inxi -Fxzc0 --usb

Since they mousepad is not working as it should, i can not really useful Firefox since it is not possible to manipulate it in Antwerpen ordinary way.
So the only option is making a picture and send it with my smartphone…
So below is what i got. Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Try this to provide info :

efibootmgr -v >> info.log
sudo parted -l >> info.log
sudo blkid >> info.log
findmnt -s >> info.log
findmnt /boot/efi >> info.log
wgetpaste info.log

[Use this.] (Using livecd v17.0.1 as grub to boot OS with broken bootloader) After booting up to Manjaro, make sure you do the [Additional UEFI commands] at step 6.

Hello Gohlip,

I tried this and it did not work.
I tried the findmnt/boot/efi and as suggested and got “no such file”
You can see this in the picture.

Hey petsam,

This is the link i get:

HTTPS://paste.pound-python.org/show/tXwyslbdhnXZy1dlE4D4/

It is without the sudo parted -l because that die not work, see pictures:

That’s because you do not have /boot/efi.
You must mount $esp as /boot/efi for installation to proceed.
Suggest you look at the manjaro wiki for uefi installation.

ps: As the link says, Print, not screen shots.
Also suggest you remove your mmc disk if it does not do anything.

I think it was because there was no Space after findmnt :joy:
@David please verify if that’s the case

You did it wrong!! You have to read more about disks and mounting…

Try this

sudo efibootmgr -c -d /dev/mmcblk0 -p 1 -L "Manjaro" -l "\EFI\Manjaro\grubx64.efi"

and after that, run these in terminal and post it in text (NO IMAGE):

efibootmgr -v
cat /etc/fstab

Hey all,

the first time i installed Manjaro using “replace a partition”, so now i did a new install using “manual partitioning” and i was able to choose the efi partiton with the boot and esp flag.
But the grub boot is still not working

Now i get this:

[manjaro@manjaro-pc ~]$ findmnt /boot/efi
TARGET    SOURCE         FSTYPE OPTIONS
/boot/efi /dev/mmcblk0p1 vfat   rw,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro
[manjaro@manjaro-pc ~]$ 

Even after I tried the suggestion @AgentS made…

Since my touchpad is not working i only have the keyboard and the touchscreen (but no right mouse click or ability to select things), but i found a way to get to use the browser and all so i don’t have to post screenshots with my phone.

And as I said in the beginning I am rather new to linux and indeed don’t know much about disks and mounting. My choice was Manjaro because it should be easier and more accessible and than start learning…

[manjaro@manjaro-pc ~]$ efibootmgr -v
BootCurrent: 0002
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0002,0000,0001
Boot0000* Windows Boot Manager	HD(1,GPT,7a4254f9-448d-4f0a-b826-564f401524de,0x800,0x32000)/File(\EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BOOTMGFW.EFI)WINDOWS.........x...B.C.D.O.B.J.E.C.T.=.{.9.d.e.a.8.6.2.c.-.5.c.d.d.-.4.e.7.0.-.a.c.c.1.-.f.3.2.b.3.4.4.d.4.7.9.5.}...5................
Boot0001* UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell	VenMedia(5023b95c-db26-429b-a648-bd47664c8012)..BO
Boot0002* UEFI: General USB Flash Disk 1100, Partition 2	PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(0,0)/HD(2,MBR,0x5893d458,0x37c93c,0x2000)..BO
[manjaro@manjaro-pc ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>             <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=345F-2914                            /boot/efi      vfat    defaults,noatime 0 2
UUID=ac68a634-ad82-4611-889f-4ada15160f53 /              ext4    defaults,noatime 0 1
[manjaro@manjaro-pc ~]$

I still get the error when using ‘sudo parted -l’

Follow petsam below :point_down:

As you should see yourself your post is very difficult to read, unreadable in tech terms.
Read this tutorial and find out how to properly edit your post so someone can help you solve your issue.

@AgentS (not addressing David)
I think David has one of these microsoft tied-in system.
He has emmc disk (mmcblk) which is an eprom type device.
He may have to do something like this Lenovo workaround if he wants to install Manjaro.
I’ll leave you here to him (I think you prefer that too). Thanks.

David, good luck.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark