Manjaro layouts not working

Hi.

Am a relatively new linux user having migrated from windows to unbuntu about 3 month ago. i switched to manjaro yesterday as i quite like the AUR repo and i manjaro is the only distro that will work with my ham radio gear. any way i have only have had 2 problems the 1st on being that AUR would not build anything this was sorted by installing the essential build tools. but the second one although minor is beginning to bug me . the layouts switcher is crashing with the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/gnome-layout-switcher”, line 7, in
from layoutswitcherlib.layoutsbox import LayoutBox, Command
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘layoutswitcherlib’

i think i am missing the layoutswitcherlib but have no idea hoe to install it. i have uninstalled layouts and reinstalled it but it still keeps crashing. what am i doing wrong.

also could someone tell me what the difference is when packages shoe .git after their name in addremove software and what the difference is between the programs that don’t have this after their name.

anyway sorry for the long post. hoping someone can help as apart form this very minor error i am enjoying manjaro and linux as a whole

Andy

-git packages are development snapshots of the non-git packages. They are provided for people who want to experiment with the new features and who would be willing to help development by filing bug reports on the respective package development pages, usually at either GitHub or GitLab.

As for the GNOME Layouts Switcher problems, I’m going to leave that into somebody else’s hands as I don’t use GNOME. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for you reply

1 Like

There is somewhere a problem with variables. Not sure by now, but when you run:

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages

and then

gnome-layout-switcher

It finds the module.

@2e0raf Please report it here: [Stable Update] 2023-05-07 - Kernels, KDE Gear 23.04.0, KDE Frameworks 5.105.0, Qt5, Firefox, Thunderbird I tested it on a VM and can confirm that issue.

3 Likes

That could be caused by the recent update to python 3.11 - I have pinged the maintainer

Fixed with 0.8.35-2 coming along shortly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.