Manjaro KDE plasma Global Menu

The global menu only takes effect after the application is minimized once .

No, it always takes effect immediately, but only with KDE/Qt applications. There is however a bug in how it handles GTK- and Electron-based applications, whereby the global menu is shown only after some action ─ like switching over to a KDE application and back.

It’s a known bug that has been around for a while now ─ I believe since Plasma 5.18.4 ─ and it has been reported to the KDE developers upstream, but so far they don’t seem to be too motivated to fix it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.