Manjaro KDE freeze on wallpaper after login

Hi Manjaro community, I am just transferred from ubuntu to manjaro and met this problem. I installed Manjaro successfully on my laptop, but it freeze on wallpaper (the loading page with Manjaro’s logo), without any response and I cannot see my cursor or open the terminal. I’ve researched a lot on my issue, but none of them works, so I decided to post this.

My laptop is Gigabyte aero 15x, and I want dual boot with windows 10.

My CPU & GPU:

intel i7-8750H
Nvidia GTX 1070 Mobile

I used rufus to make my USB drive with DD mode, and I have already verified my installer as told on the user manual.

What I’ve done:

1. When I first install Manjaro, I tried non-free driver option since it is said to be more stable for Nvidia according to the user manual, but I got stuck on Started TLP system startup/shutdown, but free driver option works for me.
    After successfully installed, the grub works well, but the laptop froze on loading page after I login.

2. And I found this when searching for solutions Manjaro kde 17.1.5 freeze after login
    I tried all of the following options with free driver, but none of them works:

acpi_osi="!Windows 2015"
acpi_osi=! acpi_osi="Windows 2013"
acpi_osi=! acpi_osi="Windows 2009"
acpi_osi=Linux

The ctrl+alt+f2 works on the login page to open the terminal, but not after it freeze. What should I do? Thanks for any help!

Hard to say without more information.

You could try disabling modesetting and see if that makes a difference.

Add nouveau.modeset=0 as a kernel option during boot.

Thx for reply! Do I have to retry each acpi_osi options with nouveau.modeset=0?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark