Manjaro KDE does not shutdown!

First time using manjaro KDE and I don’t know why my system doesn’t shut down. When I try to shut it down via the interface, the screen goes black and shut down, the mouse and computer still on.

My pc is still on when I tell it to shutdown because all the things inside still running, when I shut down from using windows instead Linux, every led, fan, and thing like that stop and shut down too. And if I press the power button after try shut down via manjaro, the system does not start, I need to hold the power button to make the computer shut down, then I press it one more time to turn it on again.

journalctl -p 3 -xb :
heavy_check_mark:
jul 26 10:20:05 kernel: usb 1-10: 3:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x84
jul 26 10:20:09 systemd[649]: Failed to start Update XDG user dir configuration.
░░ Subject: The unit UNIT failed
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: Support - Manjaro Linux Forum
░░
░░ The unit UNIT failed.
░░
░░ The result is failed.
jul 26 10:20:44 kernel: usb 1-10: 3:1: cannot get freq at ep 0x84
jul 26 10:21:09 pulseaudio[963]: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Tim>
…skipping…
jul 26 10:20:09 systemd[649]: Failed to start Update XDG user dir configuration.
░░ Subject: The unit UNIT failed.
░░
░░ The unit UNIT failed.
░░
░░ The resulted is failed.
jul 26 10:21:09 pulseaudio[963]: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Tim>

Unfortunately, this option is not shutting down my computer anymore, the PC continues on, making me hold the power button…

What tells you that the computer is still on?

The mouse could be on due to a feature called always-on of the USB controller.
That is a setting in the BIOS/UEFI that will always have the USB ports powered as long as the PC is connected to a power outlet. That caises that USB devices will jebon even though the PC is off.
Usually one can turn that off in the BIOS/UEFI settings.

1 Like

My motherboard can still show LED’s when suspended - and the USB ports are still good to charge a phone.

Does the fan go off?

Give more information about your device.

Also check BIOS and motherboard settings - think about updating BIOS.

You can also post the result of uptime so we can see if a shutdown ever did occur.

Then try journalctl -p 3 -xb

However, I think I already detected one slight issue here:

Branch: Stable
Desktop Environment: Windows

Aha, wrong forum. You should be in the Microsoft forum :rofl:

My pc is still on because all the things inside still running, when I shut down from using windows instead Linux, every led, fan, and thing like that stop and shut down too. And if I press the power button after try shut down via manjaro, the system does not start, I need to hold the power button to make the computer shut down, then I press it one more time to turn it on again.

Lol, sorry for this windows thing hahahahaha! Here some info:
My pc is still on because all the things inside still running, when I shut down from using windows instead Linux, every led, fan, and thing like that stop and shut down too. And if I press the power button after try shut down via manjaro, the system does not start, I need to hold the power button to make the computer shut down, then I press it one more time to turn it on again.

Do you know which kernel you have?
If you get to desktop, hit menu and type ‘kernel’ and then make sure you have Linux 5.15 installed, and reboot to choose that.

You can also try letting us know what kind of session you are booting.

When you reach a desktop, you can try this:

pamac install plasma-wayland-session
reboot

Then log in with wayland. Maybe Xorg has some issue shutting down… Journalctl would help.

journalctl -p 3 -xb  :heavy_check_mark:
░░ Subject: A unidade UNIT falhou
░░
░░ A unidade UNIT falhou.
░░
░░ O resultado é failed.
…skipping…
░░ Subject: A unidade UNIT falhou
░░
░░ A unidade UNIT falhou.
░░
░░ O resultado é failed.

pamac upgrade --enable-downgrade --aur --devel

This is a very good command to make sure your upgrade is good…

1 Like

Unfortunately, my motherboard already is in the latest version…

What this command will do?

This one works!!! Thank you xD

Just one last question. Did ‘sudo shutdown -h now’ can do any trouble to my system? And there is any way for me to put this command in the interface to shutdown?

You might also check in system settings to see if your computer is set to shutdown or suspend when you push the power button.And no that command will not hurt your system.

1 Like

The system is set to shutdown when I use the power button, but the system only fully shutdown if I press for a little long the button.

Hello everyone, apparently my problem was using the backup of timeshift directly on the root driver xD… I change the driver for backup and then the PC started to shutdown normally again. Thank you all!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.