Manjaro-kde-20.1-rc6-200908-linux58

I am currently downloading this ISO
If I install it, will it automatically become 20.1 stable edition, when it is released?
If not, can I change the update channel so it will become the stable edition?
And when is the projected release date?

The “release candidate” in the iso name corresponds to the composition of the iso, i.e. selection of packages rather than a version or status of the distro packages as this would not make much sense for a rolling release distro as Manjaro or any other Arch based distro. So, no problem to use it, when you update you are always on the latest stand of the packages. No need to wait for 20.1 edition at all.

3 Likes

So if I understood you right, I am downloading an ISO that contains stable packages, and it is actually more up to date than the 20.0.3 ISO. Please correct me if I got it wrong.

1 Like

No, you are correct. It is only the composition of the .iso which makes it into a release candidate, in that it isn’t certain yet which packages will be included in the final version, and perhaps a few setting tweaks here and there. The software on the .iso is however fully up-to-date with what is offered via the repositories.

1 Like

Slightly off-topic, but I am now trying to run this ISO in Virtualbox, on a Kubuntu 20.04 host.
I see text on the screen at the beginning of the boot process, but then it goes blank, and eventually shows this error: “Could not sync environment to dbus.” I created the VM with default settings. Then I tried enabling 3D acceleration, but it didn’t help. The graphics controller is VMSVGA.
Any advice?

I have no idea ─ I don’t use VirtualBox. Perhaps you could start a new topic under #support:virtualization? :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.