Manjaro-KDE 19.0-pre3 (stable branch)

right, so they'd need adding to the ISO as well then

I just added it to my ~/.xprofile and it worked. However, xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-kde were already installed in my system.

I never did ask how this affects those on testing branch that may want to run this. Do we simply install the pre2 testing and let it update if any, or do we install this and switch to yesting via Konsole?

Getting consistent open/save dialogs wherever we can is definitely a good idea :slight_smile:

Now it's one of the most annoying things in Linux UI world...
Wish it could be system level thing, but as far as i remember for now the only way as @oberon mentioned is to patch GTK like Deepin did on their distro...

Wonder maybe we can grab those Deepin patches and have gtk2-patched & gtk3-patched replacements on Manjaro qt based DEs?

1 Like

Thanks for the hint.
I have added this in /etc/xdg/plasma-workspace plus the tow xdg-desktop-portal packages as dependencies to manjaro-kde-settings. Like this also existing installs will receive this change.

1 Like

Neither, just install the new packages listed in this post plus one called plasma-simplemenu

Then apply the bits you want to check out in System Settings, Konsole and Yakuake.

1 Like

Don't know if it's a good default though, as it seems to have some "side effects":

and that means it cannot use the native print dialog and look for mimetype handlers

I do not observe this default check. Anyone?

What I see in /etc/skel/.xinitrc now:

kde) dbus_args+=(startkde) ;;

But according to /usr/share/xsessions/plasma.desktop, it should be /usr/bin/startplasma-x11. Or that's another thing?

/home/user/.config/plasma-workspace/env/envars.sh should be executable, shouldn't it?

For me this only happens when setting GTK_USE_PORTAL=1in the Exec lines of Firefox's .desktop file. Not when using an environment variable.

I also have no this problem when the export is done with .xprofile. But Firefox is not my default browser anyway...

@antikythera I just realized that architect has a problem with the new konsole colorschemes :wink:

5 Likes

I'm suing you for blinding me. :sunglasses:

1 Like

well it's certainly different :guide_dog: :sunglasses:

it could be classed as a feature, burning architect screens into people's retinas will help them remember which choices they made.

fortunately changing terminal colour scheme shouldn't beyond the capabilities of people wanting to use architect in the first place but at least it is still legible

EDIT - I checked them all and they are all readable (Breath2-Light has the better contrast but those colours would be too dark for the other profiles), I'm not sure if you want it altering or not or if the above was tongue in cheek. Anyhow, please let me know via messaging and we can deal with it off thread rather than cluttering this one up. To me it looks okay but I guess it was a shock seeing those colours. Also, I honestly didn't know Architect used a non-standard background colour from the palette because I've only ever seen it with a dark background, does it really need to use Colour 1?

Wow. Meanwhile, I am thankful for the light colour theme, it is a rare occasion when someone manages to create eye-pleasing light theme.

2 Likes

We have to check this with other editions. Unfortunately architect looks completely different in any terminal :roll_eyes:
For now I have set default konsole schema to 'Breeze' for the live environment only.

manjaro-architect actually uses color 0 for the background, which in other colorschemes is normally black or at least more or less dark.
In Breath2 we currently have:

[Color0]
Color=219,165,0

How about we use 33,37,41 for color0 ?

1 Like

colour 0 is colour 1 in the GUI, if you feel that works better then by all means feel free to tweak it. The Val difference across all three columns is 20 for colour, intense, faint in the other colours, so colour=41, intense=61, faint=21 if that makes sense. I'll give you the other rgb values:

[Color0]
Color=33,37,41

[Color0Faint]
Color=17,19,21

[Color0Intense]
Color=49,55,61

by the way, when I installed manjaro-architect earlier a package called maia-console was flagged as an optional dependency, I presume that's so it is themed properly on XFCE, GNOME ISOs?

Thank you!
maia-console is a console theme (for the tty), used for the example on the architect-ISO without a graphical desktop.

Forum kindly sponsored by