Manjaro kde 17.1.5 freeze after login

Intel i7 hq
Nvidia gtx1060

When i reboot after installation .It’s stuck in this picture

… after login … freeze at wallpaper…
Please help me… I never use linux before

It can be fixed, but it would need us to read some log files and get some system information. Not the best thing to ask a new user to do.

Have you used non-free drivers option to boot the live USB? If not, try to install Manjaro again and make sure to boot with non-free drivers when you boot from the live USB.

If that fails too I would rather try other distros and use the one which works out of the box until you are somewhat confident with Linux.

But if you want to troubleshoot Manjaro, we are happy to help even now.

Firstly, verify the integrity of the installer image you used. There are instructions at the bottom of the “Get Manjaro” page, and in the User Guide PDF.

As this is a fresh installation you should see if reinstalling helps (after checking the installer image).

As this is a laptop you should also try setting some boot options. Many laptops with hybrid graphics (Optimus) using the 9xx and 10xx series cards have issues.

Depending on you particular laptop you may need to try several options here to see if any helps; one or more may help, or none at all.

acpi_osi="!Windows 2015"
acpi_osi=! acpi_osi="Windows 2013"
acpi_osi=! acpi_osi="Windows 2009"

See this thread for more information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.