Manjaro-i3 20.0 Lysia released

I am happy to announce the availability of Manjaro-i3 20.0 Lysia.
Both a full and a minimal ISO are available for

full:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent
minimal:
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256 | torrent

25 Likes

Congratulations to manjaro team! By the way, I've seen deepin is updating their repo with deepin 20 base. Is there any plan to build a manjaro flavor?

Congrats. And how do I upgrade my almost new Manjaro KDE to this, is there a command line function? Or how else?

Please, don't.

1 Like

Why? Please be specific, no use raising suspicions by not substantiating your position.

1 Like

Why would you update your Manjaro KDE version to i3? Just install the i3 version if that's what you want.

If you mean how to update Manjaro KDE to 20.0 Lysia, just install the regular updates.

1 Like

In short, KDE and i3 are two quite different things, you can use one or another, but not "upgrade" from one to another (developers, this does not apply to you :smiley: ). And from your post I am pretty sure that you will be much more happy with KDE then i3.

If you want to try i3, download ISO, and try it in live mode first. You can off course have i3 and KDE both installed, but I would rather recommend trying it live then installing it alongside KDE.

I never said that, can you read?

I never even remotely mentioned i3, where on earth did you get that from? I'd like to upgrade my Manjaro KDE, yes.

Ok, it's misunderstanding.

You are on i3 topic and you wrote exactly this:

I assumed that you mean i3 by "this" since you are writing on that topic.

So, you just regularly update your KDE installation, no need for anything else.

3 Likes

So why are you posting in the i3 release thread?

3 Likes

Do you expect any less of someone who doesn't understand what rolling release means?

1 Like

Noob question here - is the i3 20.0 Lysia release the ARM or x86 version of Manjaro?

It's x86.

Thanks very much.

1 Like

You have all ARM editions available for download here, thou:

https://manjaro.org/download/#ARM

(Menu --> Editions --> ARM)

1 Like

Tried. Had an issue with pacman, could not get mirrors configured correctly to install or update any packages.

If you follow the rolling release and update regularly, you've got KDE 20.0 Already.

Verify by doing a lsb_release --all

and you'll (hopefully) get:

LSB Version:    n/a
Distributor ID: ManjaroLinux
Description:    Manjaro Linux
Release:        20.0
Codename:       Lysia

I'm on KDE too and you were asking about this in the Manjaro I3 announcement so it's logical for the I3 users to respond to you that what you're asking is impossible not a good idea.

And never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by innocense.

:innocent:

Unfortuinately, the only person in this entire conversation that has been rude, has been you, yourself and Blootvoet. Take it easy: we're all trying to help one another here... :wink:

2 Likes

You should create a topic in the #manjaro-arm:technical-issues-and-assistance section if you still have issues after following these instructions:

Hi @oberon

Thank you so much for this.

Is there something holding back the update of systemd to version 245?

Forum kindly sponsored by