Notifications not working

Hi, after the recent update there is a black bar over the applets and notifications in kde plasma i saw a fix in forum and applied it the black bar is no more in applets but the notifications are not working it shows a message “Sorry! There was an error loading notifications” and when i click the error details these are the following

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/main.qml:109:37: Type CompactRepresentation unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/CompactRepresentation.qml: Type Globals unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml:454:19: Type NotificationPopup unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationPopup.qml:181:13: Type NotificationItem unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationItem.qml:133:28: Expected token `,'

i will share the link of the other forum

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. What’s the output of:

grep CompactRepresentation /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/main.qml

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time

thank you for the reply but i fixed the problem. There was a problem in editing the file that caused the error :smiley:

AFAIU, you:

• edited the file,
  • made an error
  • reverted your own mistake.

Therefore, I’ve unlisted this question so it won’t come up in anyone’s search as your solution will probably not help anyone else. :wink:

• If my assumption would be in error, please edit your answer above by pressing the pencil icon, and then leave a :heart: and :exploding_head: so I get a notification and get back to you.
  • If my assumption is correct, no beed to do anything! :+1: