Manjaro Gnome | Multi-Monitor shell-crash

drivers
gnome
nvidia
gnome-shell

Hello,

I have yet again another shell-crash issue, where last time the gnome-shell crashed after pressing the super key and trying to drag the windows to a different workspace (turned out the stock cursor theme got corrupted and changing/installing a new one solved it).
This time the gnome-shell crashes after maximizing and then minimizing videos on my main monitor connected via DP, on my secondary monitor connected via HDMI this works flawlessly. I have quite a few themes installed, so I checked if it was theme related again but on a vanilla Manjaro Gnome install, this problem still occurs.
Normally it wouldn’t be a big deal but the problem is, if I cause this issue a second time in one session, the PC locks up and reboots, essentially loosing everything that wasn’t saved (Documents etc.).

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Hardware: i7 6700k, GTX Titan X newest proprietary drivers, 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator

You have to find some error report, so recreate the issue, this time start the video player from terminal and check for the output for related errors.

I’ve solved the problem, connecting a 3rd monitor or using a different HDMI port somehow fixes this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.