Manjaro Gnome 18.1.0-rc1 ISO (testing branch)

This is the first full edition build of Manjaro-Gnome, representing a release candidate for the 18.1.0 'Juhraya' release. The full package list can be found here.

DLOSDN
direct | sig | sha1 | sha256

13 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just wanted to report that there's an issue where the wallpaper is distorted upon resuming from suspend. It can be easily fixed by resetting Gnome (Alt+F2 and 'r' command). Minor inconvenience, but just wanted to mention it.

Running Nvidia proprietary drivers. After some searching I did find that this is a somewhat common issue with Gnome and Nvidia drivers. Some folks create and implement a script that runs upon resume after suspend that resets Gnome. Perhaps something like that could be implemented in a future update as part of the Manjaro Gnome package?

Screenshot of what it looks like:

**EDIT: This doesn't happen every time. It's intermittent.

Where to start, I bought an Acer Laptop witch is running AMD Ryzen/Vega hardware, i have tried to install the stable Gnome download 18.0.4 but due to the Kernel being 4.19 i seem to have a few problems getting it to work, it does install but can not power off or restart and also have random boot up issues even after changing the kernel to 5.1.

Now i have just installed this Testing Gnome 18.1.0-rc1 and all is running great and now so far have not run into boot issues:)

Now i really want to run Stable branch and not testing so i did pacman-mirrors -B stable and all seem to be working great, my question is, is this all i have to do to keep it on Stable branch?

1 Like

Oh i was wrong, i'm still having boot issue's, a start job is running for monitoring of lvm2 mirrors etc and never boots:(

If i mask lvm2 services the i get some other boot error and still don't boot?

All i could find seems to all be on SSD Hard Drives, but my Acer is running on a normal 1TB Hard Drive?

If i keep forcing a power button shut down it will at some point boot up again but it can take a lot of reboots/power down for this to happen.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 3 A315-41, with AMD Ryzen 3 2200U processor Dual-core 2.50GHZ and AMD Radeon Vega 3 Shared Memory, i did update the bios to the newest before removing Win 10 as Bios updates only work with Win 10 running.

@Ste74
Installed a couple of days ago, selected non free drivers but it would not reach the desktop, ran inxi -G no xserver installed so ran pacman -Syyu a lot of updates and rebooted this time all went fine xserver was found and ran.

Now the good part You have excelled with your work on this it looks well runs well.
This is the 1st time in a long while Manjaro Any version has met my expectations and as I build my own systems normally to suit me my style i can't fault what you have done.
The only minus was the little glitch with the xserver but a simple system update cured it.
Again excellent work.
Keep up the good excellent work.

1 Like