Manjaro getting slow download speed

I have Manjaro LXQT edition I have noticed a slow download so i checked my phone if I have a slow internet. And it seemed fine so i am confused why my laptop downloads at roughly 125kbps where my internet is at 26mbps.

Hello!

You could try updating your mirrorlist via pacman-mirrors. At least in my case that helped when I ran into such an issue.

In case it is needed, more information on that can be found here: Pacman-mirrors - Manjaro Linux

@highflyer74 has provided a good link. I faced the same issue. I used a custom list of countries and it worked for me. I have used the following command.

sudo pacman-mirrors --country all --api --protocols all --set-branch stable && sudo pacman -Syyu

You may need to change the countries as per your location. But you can try these first.

1 Like

Hi!
If your speed problem is with the updates try this to set your mirrors with the fastest 3
sudo pacman-mirrors -f 3
If you problem is with downloads in general, please post your net info with this
inxii -N

1 Like

Under which circumstance?

• Downloading ISO files ?
  • General downloading ?
  • Updating ?

generally downloading from chromuim and firefox.

It’s probably better though if you just have it use your country. Whenever I need to update the mirrorlist I always just run sudo pacman-mirrors -c United_States

Did you try using the command sudo pacman-mirrors -c [Your country]. It worked for me.

Thanks that worked for me.