Manjaro freezes randomly

Hi!

I’ve just installed Manjaro kde in a dual boot. There are moments when the system freezes and I can’t do anything, especially this happens when I am turning off the pc. I think that this happens because of the graphic card’s drivers. I have a Nvidia gtx 950m, what drivers should I install?

Thank you in advance

Hi!
If it supported video-nvdia-450

If I install only the nvidia driver, the pc doesn’t even turn on. With the nvidia + intell driver it continues crashing :((

Hi!
Can you post the output of
sudo mhwd -li

1 Like
> Installed PCI configs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

Hi!
I you have hybrid intel/nvidia cards, you need to install video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx, this will install the drivers for both cards

Most likely the know power management bug for NVIDIA drivers. Try to find if you have messages in journalctl like GPU falling out of bus.
In this case solution is adding pcie_aspm=off intel_idle.max_cstate=1 in boot & run sudo nvidia-smi -pm 1. In most cases only the second command is enought to solve and both special for some cases in laptops.

In the hardware configuration I have 2 options:

Display controller > GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M] (nVidia Corporation) > video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime

Display controller > HD Graphics 530 (Intel Corporation) > video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime

Should I install both or just one and which?

How can I check that??

Hi!
If you click in one, it will install both, that’s the way it works,

after crach reboot and run journalctl -b1 |grep falling or only journalctl -b1 and see the last lines.

And what I should look at??

And special for lines with red color.

i have same problem with freezing on a old lenovo laptop with Linux version 5.10.26-1-MANJARO with gnome graphics when transfer files from one partition on another and when connect wifi and vpn or bluetooth but i just press ctrl+esc and its start work so i dont need to to restart forcibly.