Manjaro Forum theme refresh

As title says i propose a Forum theme refresh, i use the dark forum theme all the time (preference), i remember that there was a theme for the pantone color of the year and it disappeared (well, the 2018 ended didn't it? ), so i thought, why not update the main forum themes?.

The current theme looks bland and inconsistent in my opinion, like the create new topic button having a slightly different color than the one on the background

Why make it slightly darker?, it will just show heavy inconsistency and expose the overly sharp edges in the button.

The theme doesn't have to change a lot of things, imo this should be just a color palette update, there are so many things you could do to make better looking the forum, but the most easy and fastest way is by it's colors

Here are some screenshots of me playing with css
Green on the header might not be a good option though, a complete black might be better

And here's one of how the forum looks rn

So what do you people think?, should there be a forum theme refresh?

• Yes, the theme should have a redesign
  • No, the theme should stay the same

0 voters

• Should polls be editable over 10 mins
  • Polls should stay the same
  • Meh

0 voters

That's pretty close to what I see using Dark Reader AO.

Minus the blaring green in yours. :wink:

7 Likes

I use dark mode it has many different colored themes you can select.

1 Like

Uuhh i love it :heart: , can you post a link it?, and yeah i love overly saturating everything.
It doesn't even have to be how i did it, it might be even better to just use the colors from the current manjaro theme and call it a day.

1 Like

The forum atm, with its dark theme & FF-Nighty's dark theme, feels good for me. Ergo, i'd like a 3rd voting option -- "Meh".

7 Likes

Sorry but, 10 minutes have already passed so i can't edit the poll

2 Likes

No wukkas. To redeem yourself, pls make a new poll asking if polls should be editable > 10'.

:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Actually not a bad idea.

3 Likes

I more or less like the way it is ...
but ... while I always enoyed our old dark+green theming from the good 'ol days .. we now use teal mostly .. so maybe we could have something that reflects that (and maybe keep the green ones as 'classic' options ?)

4 Likes

I just started testing some of the other themes and the one that suffers the most is the dark one with it's contrast, now using "Manjaro" and it looks 10x better.

Well you could use the same green and use teal as secondary color, for things like tags and etc.

1 Like

What do you mean by dark mode?

1 Like

Dark theme looks ugly for me, standart theme has better green color :man_shrugging:

1 Like

the "stylus" addon to firefox by Maxigas still suits me, maybe not perfect but good for my old eyes

I've used it in the past for saving my eyes from facebook. I really liked the idea but good skins were rare.

1 Like

you want to add a new theme you like better, based on an existing one, fine, but why does that mean REPLACING the existing one? there's room for both.

1 Like

yes,
it would be cool to make our own too, i dont mean pink with glitter and polka dots, but maybe a grey one with orange or blue accents

also bigger emoticonz

3 Likes

You have a good point, except for the fact that do really moderators want to be greeted by a lot people wanting to add their own theme?, in the best of cases it's added as an extra. But what i really want to make a point in my op is that buttons and other artifacts do not become the same color as their backgrounds, but a slightly darker tone that's hard to notice.

One thing i didn't even mention is the difference in design between the light and dark theme, most notably: the dark is flat while the light has shadows, and the both have different colors

Dark Reader

:grin:

5 Likes

Did someone say Pink and glitter? Ooooo

4 Likes

Oh, so that's the one. I use falkon and i don't think it supports extensions, F. Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by