Manjaro doesn't start after the last update

Hi! Can anybody help me, please?

I’ve been using Manjaro BSPWM since last year and I am very happy with it. However, yesterday in the night, my laptop received the last updates (I think kernel updated too). As an update has never broke my system, I didn’t pay attention, wait for the updates and shut dow the laptop.

Since today in the morning, when I start my computer, the grub appears and whatever kernel I choose (I have 5.9 and 5.10), I only get a black screen and the fan gets louder. I tried to wait to see if something happen, but I end shutting down the laptop with the power button. My windows partition works fine. The problem is only with Manjaro.

Somebody knows what is happening? I didn’t found my situation in the forum!

EDIT: I solved it using a live usb and installing another kernel (5.4 LTS) using chroot. If anyone has this problem, the solution is that way.

Thanks!!

Just curious, is this something Timeshift can restore? If so, i would get into the habit of backing up the system with it before each new system update.

You can use “timeshift-autosnap” to do it automatically.

1 Like

I have timeshift previously, but I think that not in this machine. I have a live usb, is there a way to enter to the system as root and reinstall the kernel or install and LTS?