Manjaro doesnt boot after installing

Hello,
I’ve just install the last version from the web site (with kde) and after rebooting the os doesnt start up. At the begging it is loading but after a while the white cursor is starting to blink fast. When I entered to alt + ctrl + f2 the new screen and the previous one started to flicker. Well I guess there is something wrong with the nvidia drivers because before I had the some issues like this after installing Arch. I have intel gpu and nvidia 740M. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks!

So you wouldn’t even get to tty?
I’m not an expert in the topic but usually when someone answers, it attracts other users :wink: and probably our forum veterans have missed your topic somehow.

Try and reinstall it maybe on of boot file wern’t coppied properly or try on reflsh the iso to the usb on a different type of hardware then reinstall

Try in TTY to start sddm

sudo systemctl start sddm

If it fails report the errors and try startx
If it fails report the error.
What gpu driver is installed?

mhwd -li

If you can’t get to TTY , use Grub menu edit like this

Some info would help

inxi -SMGxxxz

Here is the output from inxi -Fxxxz

System:    Host: manjaro-pc Kernel: 4.14.52-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.1.1 Console: N/A 
           dm: N/A Distro: Manjaro Linux 17.1.11 Hakoila 
Machine:   Type: Laptop System: Acer product: Aspire E1-570G v: V2.02 serial: <filter> 
           Mobo: Acer model: EA50_CX v: V2.02 serial: <filter> UEFI [Legacy]: Insyde v: 2.02 date: 07/30/2013 
Graphics:  Card-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 
           chip ID: 8086:0166 
           Card-2: NVIDIA GK208M [GeForce GT 740M] driver: nouveau v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 10de:1292 
           Display: server: X.org 1.19.6 driver: nvidia tty: 170x48 
           Message: Advanced graphics data unavailable in console for root. 

I already tried this and same issue.

@jicata
There are several topics on dual graphic cards.
Search for it and perhaps these can help you.
If you still need help, suggest you start a new topic with"Multiple graphic cards" in the header so it gets the correct attention. “Doesn’t boot” is not a good topic header for what you try to achieve.

Good luck.

Boot to TTY and update your system, install a newer kernel.

Well, I fuxed this issue. Just do not ask how. :smile: I was thinking all the time that I missed something during the installation and I was right. I wanted to use my old partitions from the previous distribution and that is why I used manual partitioning and thought that the formating is automatic. Just didnt see that there is '‘keep’ and ‘format’(the ‘keep’ was select). :smile: This isnt even for the ‘newbie corner’ this is next level.
Btw thank you all for your time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by