Manjaro does not boot to desktop, cannot access command line, just hangs at company logo. Hard reboot fixes the issue

Hello,

Been using manjaro for almost a year now, but I keep getting this problem when I boot both my laptop and my pc. The computer turns on but doesn’t load the KDE login screen, it just sits at the logo of whatever machine I am using(MSI, ASUS ROG). I cannot switch to shell mode or type anything. After a hard shutdown(holding the power button until it turns off) and restarting, the desktop loads fine. I have my suspicions about the swap partition saving information or not loading information properly after shutdown, but I don’t know if this is a common issue for anyone else. Any tips or things I can look into to get a more consistent boot?

Please read this:

And also read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU you have, …

I am having similar issues. And when I say it hangs I mean nothing works. Even the light on my external WiFi card freezes to either on or off. So if anyone knows why this happens, please post it.